Monday, July 20, 2015

Summer 2015 July 20 Monday (Time, Hyper-time and Measuring Time)



81 degrees this morning, Walk 42:58 minutes

Moon Day today.  

I can never figure out why, when I take the exact same walk, my time can vary so much.  I basically walk the same pace, etc, but he time still differs.  It doesn’t seem to matter if it is hot or cold, although I notice I am a little slower in cold weather gear in the winter.  

Or maybe I am just a little slower in the  winter anyway!

Of course, I clap cannot understand who the early morning (from the time I get up until I start work) is “hyper-time”, time just disappears into an abyss. 

Of course, it takes time to walk, shower, write this post, nap, eat breakfast etc., but still…..

Of course you can look at time in different ways, “dog years” is an example. 

Also, I like to measure time through the use of coffee filters.  I watch in amazement at 750 coffee filters (over  two years, even at one filter per day) disappears, showing how time can go so fast.  

Or, another way, is the little cups I bought to measure my peanut butter for breakfast, so I don’t get too piggy about peanut butter.  2,500 cups!  I decided I will retire when all of the cups are gone!  I guess that is one way of measuring time!  Assuming I use one every day (which I don’t), it would be about seven years.

Whoever said tasks expand to fill the time available was certainly right.  I was rarely bored at any time in  my life (even as a child with no tv etc, I was a voracious reader of books.  Even as a third grader I was reading my brothers and sisters high  school literature books, and the “5 foot book collection” and checked out the maximum # of books from the Library.  

I do have to admit one of my biggest worries was being bored (standing in lines etc.), but it rarely happened.  

Note I said I “read’ the books when I was in the third grade, I didn’t understand them until years later, and maybe I don’t now.  

I remember a story “Alas Babylon”  which was about life after an atomic war.  I didn’t realize that for years.  I think I though it was an historic short story, which I guess in a way it was, perhaps a “futuristic historic” short story. 

I guess that is another way of measuring time, your understanding of life, or perhaps how you measure your life or what you want from life.  

I think one of the biggest regrets many people have is not realizing how time speeds by and making use of time when you have it.   I’m not sure if I have that regret or not, I don’t want to waste time thinking about something I can’t do anything about anyway!

Start of another week.  I have a lot of “work” work to get caught up on.  Not complaining, I love it. 

I’m not sure if my work is actually “productive”, but it is necessary, which may make it “productive”.  
2015
It is rather strange to be limited to 40 hours per week, after years of working much more than that.  I try not to “cheat” by working more than that, but it is hard not to do it when you know you have stuff you need to get done!  

Enjoying a great morning on the patio!


That’s it for now, Monday, July 20, 2015.

No comments: