Saturday, July 11, 2015

Summer 2015 July 11 Saturday



76 degrees this morning.  plan on walking when a little lighter.

Lindsborg, Kansas

Heavy rain yesterday morning eliminated an opportunity to walk, I did get some walking in as he day went on.

An enjoyable day of visiting and just hanging out.  

That is what I like about this  format for a family reunion, you have time to talk and don’t feel pressured to make use of time.  

It kind of starts off like some classical music, with a few people arriving early, then more coming in as the weekend goes, to the climax, and then people start to leave and the reunion slowly ends.  

I’m never sure if it ends when I leave (it ends for me) or ends when the last person actually leaves.  Probably doesn’t really matter since in reality, it ends when I leave.  (Although I am normally one of the last to leave).  

It is kind of like a day, I get up early and do my morning routine, then Aliene gets up, the work day starts etc., and then it winds down at night.  

The hotel is turning out to be ok.  I am going to make sure I understand (and document) exactly what the rates are after this .  

Lindsborg is very active in keeping up the town, and the businesses also appear to be involved making a wonderful little town.  It apparently works, since there was a number of visitors yesterday who were obviously from out of town and visiting here. 

The really big problem is the lack of phone service (any carrier except Verizon). At least the hotel and most coffee shops and restaurants have good wi fi, which helps, although it hardly makes up for the lack of phone service.  

I have been trying to contact ATT (obviously not by phone), but haven’t gotten a response  I’m not asking much, just where the nearest ATT service is so I could make some phone calls.  

I had about five calls I had to make (mainly just responding to phone calls) so I could advise phone callers that I was ou until Monday.  

Since there is no ATT service, I could not respond to my work e-mail, since it uses ATT service for a connection and I couldn’t access ATT.  

I”ll make sure  I change my phone message and e-mail message in the future to indicate I am on leave and can’t respond!  I have just never gotten into the habit of doing that, primarily since I prefer to respond.

Went to a wonderful art exhibit at the college in LIndsborg.  It is always a pleasant surprise to discover a jewel like that in a small city.  Actually the entire city is somewhat of a jewel (excluding the appalling lack of phone service), with nice surprises all over town.

Sounds like summer is returning with at least one forecast calling for 97 degrees today, 105 degrees tomorrow.  

Looking forward to the continuation of the Reunion, heading back tomorrow.  Usually return early Monday morning, but it sounds like no one else is staying and with the cost of the hell, we can save a significant amount of money (basically enough to pay for our food while here) plus I can use less Annual Leave.

Actually will get to take a walk this morning, heading out!


That’s it for now, Saturday, July 11, 2015.  

No comments: