Tuesday, April 08, 2014

Spring 2014 April 8 Tuesday

41 degrees, actually down to 38 degrees not, but sun is coming out.  I am really ready for Spring and Summer!
Starting to take morning "where I am" pictures again as the grass, trees and flowers start to come to life.  It got too depressing during the winter.  I know winter is necessary, but it doesn't mean I enjoy it. 
For the most part, our lives have a Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter, either very long, or a large number of them depending on how you look at it.  I think I like to think of life in many cycles, maybe with a larger overall cycle, assuming ups and downs in our lives could be termed by the seasons.  On the other hand, it is depressing to think that our lives could be termed in a long term stage of "Winter" with no chance for another "Spring".  Eventually it does happen, but ....
I have been watching my weight (nothing new about that).  I seemed to have attracted two new pounds that seem to like me very well, I am having a more difficult time getting down to my "normal" weight.  My normal weight fluctuates about six pounds, but I am now two pounds over the "top" of the fluctuation cycle and I am having a difficult time getting back to my "normal cycle".  Actually I hope to reduce the "top" of the cycle by two or three pounds this Spring.  It (the extra pounds) came when we had our granddaughters visit.  It wasn't the visit from them, but the extra travel involved when I gained the weight, but I have stayed exactly  at the same weight for three weeks now.
One major problem with trying to maintain a healthy eating style is the restaurants.  There are normally "healthy" alternatives available, I just need to bear down and order the healthy items!  The "low carb" eating pattern has served me well, although it probably is more of a "low fast carb" eating pattern.  Anytime I deviate from that  I seem to get into trouble.  Peanut Butter is both my favorite as well as a problem!  I need to remember "balance".  
Seeing the AAA travel agent to finalize our China trip today.  While I love making plans, there are some things I just can't do or at least don't trust myself to do in a Country I am unfamiliar with.  There are a lot of choices.  Kind of like when you are in a City and don't know where to eat, and it is hard to make a choice because you don't want to make a bad choice, since you won't be in the city again!
That's it for now, may be more later today.

No comments: