Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Spring 2014 April 22 Tuesday


63 degrees this morning. Coolness in the air, even as it warms up today, a light cool wind.
For a variety of reasons, writing this on my iPad, so I hope I don't make too many mistakes. (Sitting outside the Senior Center using the Wi Fi, waiting for Aliene to finish her exercise class. I had some errands to run, so I did it while she was taking her class, and I finished early.)
Getting serious about learning to speak some Chinese. (Emphasis on speak, much less understand and I know better than to even try to learn to write it. Actually, I am surprised at how easy it is to "learn", not that I would remember to use it! There is nothing like being immersed in it. I will try to remember several phrases for when I meet people or see them (Like Good Morning, nice to meet you, excuse me etc.). We are getting some note cards with key words like gluten intolerance etc.
Aliene's AOL account apparently got hacked and sent out some e-mails.  I really don't understand how such low-life's continue to exist.   AOL used to have an option that you could stop all outgoing e-mail.  Of course,  their customer service is non-existent.  Time to cut the final cord with AOL.  I just kept it because it was comfortable for Aliene to use it and I liked having my  comfortable e-mail accounts that I check occasionally.  
That's it for today.  I need to work on the AOL hack and see what I can fix.  Our apologies to anyone who got the e-mail.  Hopefully it was obvious what it was and no one clicked on the link.

No comments: