Thursday, April 03, 2014

Spring 2014 April 3 Thursday

73 degrees this morning.  Finally!  Still a slight chill in the air.  Some clouds, expected thunderstorms and possible tornados this afternoon.
One little guilty pleasure I have each day (besides my music videos early in the morning and my naps) is the "comics" in the newspaper.  I read almost all of the comic strips in the Commercial Appeal.  I don't read two of them at all, I seriously follow or read about ten and the set are kid of hit and miss.  I prefer the comics where the characters can change, get married, die etc.  I guess for a brief period each cay I can enter a realm (or realms) of unreality.  
Sat outside on the patio for while yesterday planning on sitting out these some today.  Soon this all will be a distant memory and I want to experience it while I can.  It is strange to think that (probably) in the near future, the last 12 years will just be a  distant memory and I will wonder at times if they really happened.  One "real" aspect of this is some of the people I have met, dealt with and been friends with.  Both Aliene and I will early miss the friends we have made here and just many of the people we don't know as well also.
I say all of this as a result of listing our house yesterday.  It (the listing plus we already have an offer) really made the concept of leaving real.  I grew up in areas where the people were generally friendly and neighborly.  I have to say that the residents of this area (Memphis area/Lakeland etc.) are some of the best and most hospitable people I have ever met.  I know a lot of people won't believe me, but the drivers are the most courteous drivers I ever meet.  When I  visit in other areas, I notice the difference (more hostile etc.) immediately.  As far as the quality of the people, I can't say enough for that.
Back to the comics, sometimes when I feel time pressured, I think I need to skip them, but I always read my favorites.  I don't read the "peanuts" reruns, and there are several murky ones I don't read.
Promises to be a busy day, have several appointments etc.  plus bad weather is supposed to be coming in.  
Several days ago, I noted I was starting to lose track of what day it is.  One major factor is when the stock market is open, it definitely adds some pizzaz to the day. Not that I have much invested, it is just interesting to watch.
That's all for now.  I noted I seem to have a lot more energy early in the morning than late at night.
That's it for now.

No comments: