Sunday, April 27, 2014

Spring 2014 April 26 Saturday

48 degrees this morning, but supposed to be a high in the 80's.  
Today gave the hint of the summer days to come, thank goodness.  I hope I have time to enjoy the house.  We currently have a contract on it, with closing on June 26, which means we have to get busy!  Hopefully this will allow us some flexibility depending on what jobs may come along. 
Busy day today (a point to transparency, this is actually being written Sunday morning, I got busy and just didn't get it written!).  Started with drive to see our "Chinese tutor", which was rescheduled.  Than a stint at our "second place" (Starbucks) where a weak internet took some time.  Than back to our "Chinese Tutor" again.  She was really interesting and helpful.  
Then we went home, hoping to rest, and we we were notified our house was going to be shown to a prospective buyer, so we had to leave.  (The contract hasn't actually be finalized yet, so they are still showing the house, which is fine with us).  Then on to dinner with friends, than the first dance we have attended in months.
Just a thought, that, today, marks the 5 month (November 26, 2013) without a job.  Kind of scary, thank goodness I qualify for retirement pay.  I have made some moves towards starting my own business, I am moving slow on it.  I really would like to get a City Manager position again, especially after attending the conference, but the right one has to be open!  Overall, it has been a really busy time, I haven't had a chance to do all of the "round tuit" reading I promised myself if this ever happened, in fact I have probably done less reading than when I worked.  Of course, the prospective trip to China has taken up a lot of time, since I love to plan travel.  In another life I must have been a travel agent, or perhaps wanted to be one.  
Another "round tuit" I planned on and actually have done some on, is to finally learn more about the capacity of computer programs, even just basic computer operations, although not nearly as much as I had hoped.  I will keep at it.
Other than developing an addition to CNBC and "Mad Money", I really haven't changed my lifestyle much.  I still get up at 3 a.m., walk, cycle, read the papers as I stationary bike, etc. and basically work all day and night and weekends, only now on things such as applying for jobs, writing (and rewriting) cover letters, fighting with various government agencies on retirement and employment issues (when you actually get to a person they are normally pretty good), and doing extensive research for my business.
It will be interesting how I use my time after the China Trip.  Preparing for it has really occupied my time  and after it is over, it will be interesting to see how I react psychologically, although I expect I will have several more projects to keep me busy!.
That's it for today (Saturday, April 26, 2014)

No comments: