Sunday, April 06, 2014

Spring 2014 April 5 Saturday

(Written Saturday morning, somehow not posted)


43 degrees this morning.  Ouch! It is even getting worse, 37 degrees right now, although it is supposed to warm up to 63 degrees or so.  I am tired of the cool weather and ready for Spring/Summer.  Many years it doesn't really warm up until early or even mid-May before it really starts getting hot.
In my "Second Place" (Starbucks).  I really like Starbucks coffee and their overall attitude, but there breakfast just isn't very good.  Not good and frequently well prepared.  (I'm talking about their breakfast sandwiches, not their wonder cookies, cakes etc. that I don't eat, even though I would love too.  Very rarely, I will get a cookie.  
I try to follow a "low, slow carb only" diet.  I try to avoid the "fast" carbs (I need to look up how to spell it) of pasta, bread (especially processed bread), potatoes etc. and I generally do.  I don't worry about the carbs in fruit, berries, or oatmeal etc. I think it is a matter of "balance".  
"Balance" was a major discussion item with some friends some years ago, as to how much "balance" was good, what to "balance" etc.  A "balanced" life, diet, etc. was the goal.  I still agree with that, if it can be defined.
However, perhaps "harmony" is also a goal, with "balance" a subset goal to living a life where your different aspects of your life are "in harmony" rather than worrying about everything being "balanced" or in balance.  I also like to think of it as avoiding all extremes (including this one) in what I do, including eating, leisure, work, sleep, exercise etc.  I still remember how amazed I was many years ago when a YMCA representative mentioned that some members had to go "in patient" to deal with their addiction to exercise.  (They were letting exercise interfere with their life, work, marriage etc.)
Anger is another item that should be "in balance" and probably is part of "harmony".  Some anger can be good, but obviously too much is destructive.  (Bear with me, I'm thinking out loud, or maybe thinking with the keyboard here.)  
There is a song I like where a Law Enforcement Officer stops someone for "having too much fun".  The singer says there is no such thing as "too much fun, a girl too pretty, too much class, too lucky etc." and I can't say I disagree with these "extremes", since extremes tend to balance anyway.   I'm not sure about no such thing as "too much money", unless you link it with good judgement, but that isn't within the scope of the song.  
Wonders of the Internet, I looked it up. Hope I don't get in trouble if I include all of the information!  (I've included the lyrics at the end).
The house is now listed and being shown.  If we don't sell it, we have a place to live.  If we do sell it, we'll move to an area, hopefully to a city that believes in serving its' residents and not just serving a spoiled brat who wants his own way and who can't seem to understand the concept of what a city actually is and a Board of toadies who can't deal with telling a spoiled brat "no".   I'm sure there will be a reaction to the extreme, like there is to all extremes.  
Going to the Apple Store again this week.  I"m glad it is close, but I wish it were closer.  I try to schedule several visits together and it becomes a long visit, but fun.
Here are the lyrics to "Too Much Fun"
Daryle Singletary – Too Much Fun Lyrics
Send "Too Much Fun" Ringtone to your Cell
Blue lights flashing in my rear-view mirror
The sheriff says, "Boy I should have known it was you
You've got fourteen people in the back of this truck
I've warned you twice and now I'm writing you up."
I said, "Officer, what have I done?"
He smiled and said, "Boy, you're having too much fun."
(Chorus)
Too much fun? What's that mean?
It's like too much money, there's no such thing
It's like a girl too pretty, with too much class
Being too lucky, a car too fast
No matter what they say I've done
I ain't never had too much fun
There was a fight Friday night at the Stumble Inn
Me and ol' Harley just had to join in
Next thing you know we were both seeing stars
They threw us out and closed down the bar
I said, "The Long Branch is open. The night's still young
And we ain't never had too much fun."
(Repeat chorus)
No matter what they say I've done
I ain't never had too much fun
Give me the reins and let me run
'Cause I ain't never had too much fun
Send "Too Much Fun" Ringtone to your Cell
Songwriters: KNIGHT, T.J. / WRIGHT, CURTIS
Too Much Fun lyrics © Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC, Universal Music Publishing Group, BMG RIGHTS MANAGEMENT US, LLC
LyricFind

No comments: