Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Spring 2014 April 16 Wednesday

35 degrees this morning..... all time low is 30 degrees in 1950!  I went ahead and did my exercises routine, not too bad.  Sunny day this morning.
Working on "iMovie" on the Mac, have another instruction period at the Apple Store today.  While I  rarely watch videos, I think I need to learn how to compose smoother and better quality videos. It is amazing what you  can do with just the basic "iMovie" structure.  (Notice, I said "you" not "I", at least yet.  I actually got pretty good with Keynote (Apple's PowerPoint) and enjoyed doing it, but there wasn't a lot of demand for slide presentations!  I do use it for business and sometimes just for fun for myself.  It is like a lot of things, the more you learn the more you know you don't know.
I have probably mentioned this before, but the app "WeChat" is truly amazing. The main restriction (like Apple messaging and FaceTime) is the other person needs the program, but the app is available for any cellphone platform.  You can message, call, walkie talkie, video etc.  I am still learning it.  So many apps promise a lot more than they deliver (or there is really no purpose to the app, or other apps or programs simply do it better), it is always fun to find an app that delivers and actually has a purpose.  
Tax day is past.  Computer programs have really saved time on taxes . Plus the fact that Aliene is so will organized, I spend very little time on fling taxes.  I always enjoyed preparing tax returns, and the computer takes away a lot of the paid.(still don't help on the pain of paying the taxes!)
The Tennessee City Managers Association (TCMA) is having a session on "Lincoln's Leadership Lessons" at its Spring Conference.  I am looking forward to these sessions.  The Conferences have become a lot more informative and valuable since the current Executive Director (a retired City Manager) took over.  
It is so nice to look out my back window and see the "forest" greening up again.  It seems like forever since they were last green.  This has truly been the "Winter of our Discontent" and a long, hard winter, both in actuality and in spirit.  Spring is coming!
That's it for now.

No comments: