Sunday, April 13, 2014

Spring 2014 April 13 Sunday

70 degrees this morning. Still a slight chill (with the wind) but was nice. Looks like rain and a cold front coming in (sigh).
Met with a local Chinese Native yesterday to review Chinese customs, some light Chinese language, possible notecards etc. for emergencies etc. It was very interesting.
We set up "Whatsapp" and "Wechat" so we can communicate with her when we are in China and also with a Chinese person who is actually living in China in the event of an emergency.
I really didn't realize that Mac keyboards can be set up (as I'm sure others can) so that you can type Chinese (or many other languages) by type English into the computer. A very valuable capability!
Writing this on my iPad. Not bad. the key board, of course, is a little compact, but ok. I think I will start using a keyboard with my iPhone (a bluetooth keyboard) I may use my phone more for writing in that case, at least when I can drag a keyboard around.
The remains of the Sunday paper are beside me, tempting me to finish them. I have a lot of fun (or at least I do it rather I have fun or not) looking at the Sunday paper. I like the New York Times section on wedding announcements and the little stories they have on some of the couples (usually not more than 3) of " how we met", the Review of Books, and of course all the ads, which I review to find items on sale, make plans to look at the items on sale I am interested in, and then promptly forget about until the next week.
I hate to think about moving to an area without home delivery of the New York Times, Wall Street Journal etc., although where-ever that is (we don't know yet). We just (as I am writing this) got an offer on our house, although it is not what we want. One of those times when you have no idea what is the right or wrong decision.
That's it for now.

No comments: