Tuesday, April 01, 2014

Spring 2014 April 1 Tuesday

64 degrees this morning.  Turned out to be wonderful, beautiful day.  Paper was late (again, while the temporary is delivering), but I managed to get my normal routine in.
Vist with Oral Surgeon for last review of teeth implants before the next step, which is to "uncover" the "posts" and putting a "healing collar" in them in about 2 1/2 months.  Hard to believe how time passes.  In 2 1/2 months, the trip to China will be over, the CM Fest will be over and who knows where we will be.
Carpets, tile cleaned today, house should be ready to go on the market this week.  
Had a nice bicycle ride this afternoon, followed by my usual soak in the whirlpool bathtub with a good book. (In this case, "Lincoln's Boys").  Also reading "The People of the Book" on my iPad for the Book Club.  It is a great book, especially after I sorted out the events and people.  I am about to finish it.  After the dentist visit, I went to my second place (Starbucks) and read for a while.  It was very nice.
Sitting outside tonight, dozing on my beloved back patio.  I realize I am in the process of saying goodby to my beloved patio, my wonderful house and the ever-changing woods in the back of my house and, even more so, my 12 years in Lakeland.  I don't feel I turned old while in Lakeland, but apparently others do.
I look back and try to remember, but many of the events are overshadowed by the realization that  Lakeland as I know it will b destroyed and as a large number of people worked to achieve for the past 12 years.  I am sure the worm will turn at some point, hopefully before the Lakeland experience is completely destroyed by ambitious spoiled brat politicians and the people they feed off of.  
Usually changes, even ones I don't like at the time, turn out  to be for the better.  Hopefully that will be the case in this change.  
For the first time since this change in my life occurred (since November 2013), I am losing track of days and what day it is, or, to be more specific I have to think at times to remember exactly what day it is.   The days are starting to flow together.    That is one reason I am glad I am taking action to change the situation.
That's it for today.  

No comments: