Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Spring 2014 April 15 Tuesday

41 degrees, 17mph wind this morning, it was cold out there!

Normally, I like birds, but this morning one bird started some very loud chirping (or whatever you call it) right as I was settling down for my morning nap (that I always take after I exercise).  It has happened several times lately, but this bird was extremely loud.  I think it got in under the patio (due to the cold?), and it echoed.  I opened the back door and it stopped.

I used to take a 17 minute nap after my exercise, but I increased it to about 27 minutes (I set my timer for 31 minutes, but that includes setting up coffee, etc.) I like to take one mid day (although about an 11 minute nap) and an early evening one (normally about 15-20 minutes.  Except for my morning nap the others I can substitute closing my eyes etc.

Had an offer on the house, one we will consider.  See what happens.  

Heavy rain yesterday, hope the weather improves soon! Looks like it is sunny this morning, but cold.  I will see what the "record" cold is for this date, it couldn't be too far from it. Planned on going to a Memphis Redbirds game today, but it isn't any fun in cold weather!

Hopefully my laptop will be back from the hospital soon  Writing on the desktop and even the iPad hasn't been that easy, but it was certainly easier than I was afraid it might be.  I need to tackle setting up a VPN so I can access everything from China.

Making up business cards for the China trip. Printing two sides, one with English and one side in Chinese.  I know I could never learn written Chinese, but (except the tonal quality, which is key) verbal Chinese is relatively easy (not that I'm any good, but at least I feel like I am learning a very basic version).  Probably no one can understand me, but at least I'll know what I'm saying and I"m listening to some Chinese books so I can get used to the sound and don't go into complete cultural shock when I arrive in Shanghai.

It is strange to be living in a never-never land, with the house for sale, waiting for responses to job applications etc.  Somehow it has become normal life, perhaps with a jolt when a job offer is made and accepted.


That's it for now.

No comments: