Friday, September 05, 2014

Summer 2014 September 5 Friday (New Routines)

Summer 2014 September 5 Friday

81 degrees this morning.  53:13 minutes walk.  At least two earthquakes last night, a 3.2 and a 3.5!  I believe the walk time is a record for this route.  I don't know what the operational factor is, but this morning, I knew I was moving

Today September 5, 2013, I started the process of two teeth implants.  Just finished last Wednesday.  It was a year of change to say the least.

Slowly but surely, a new routine is developing, especially in the morning.  Hopefully I will be developing a new routine in the near future after I get trained and work from my home office. I have changed my bedtime to about 1/2 hour earlier, and take a longer nap in the morning after my walk (about 30 minutes instead of 12).

I have been doing my walk and weights, not the bicycle.  I will get that back into my routine.

Thus far, I am very pleased with my co-workers, supervisors etc.  I just got my "badge" today which serves as an ID as well as an entry card.  I guess that makes me more or less official although I still have extensive training.

We are going through the routine of figuring out health insurance etc. At least we have a choice.  I always take the time to obsess and study all of the alternatives and trying to figure out the best alternative.  Of course, I am not complaining about it, I enjoy the process.

The China trip was a good example of that, I probably spent several hours a day (on average) researching the China trip from early December until shortly before we actually took the trip in May.  I enjoyed it throughly and even enjoyed the trip more as the actual trip was even better than I anticipated, actually much better, and the memories are even better!

I enjoyed knowing some of the Chinese traditions (handing something to a person with both hands, knowing how to hand a business card, how to bargain etc.  My attempt at speaking Chinese was a major failure, but I still had fun trying.)

"The Chinese Song'  (the way the speech, especially by the women was like a song).  If I had known Chinese, I wouldn't have heard the "Chinese Song", since I would have been concentrating on the words and not on the song the words created

What was really fun was finding a "double", a Chinese friend of a friend who showed us around Beijing, who was almost an exact double (even to looks, mannerisms, speech, character and work ethic) for a Lakeland friend of ours!  It was truly amazing.

Hopefully I will get my laptop back from the "Apple Hospital" tomorrow fully cured.  The iPad has been fine for some things, but the laptop is much better overall.

I am supposed to be getting a tablet at at work (they did issue laptops but are changing to tablets).  For some reason, they have 3G air cards, which is weird considering that 4G is now the norm.  I figure I can find free wi fi almost anywhere, so I will probably be spending a lot of time at McDonalds or Starbucks to catch the free wi fi!  Almost all records are kept electronically especially when in weak internet areas.

I really wonder about "Google Glass" and similar products that depend on a strong internet signal outside.  Of course, I really doubt they are aiming at the customer who doesn't have access to continuous internet, although one of their projects is universal wi fi.

I think with the media hype, everyone gets the impression that everyone has access to strong wifi and internet, but that simply isn't true.

This will be my first "real" weekend since November.  Next week I will probably start "reality training" so to speak (I have been computer learning all week, except for today).  I will shadow some experienced persons in the major aspects of my job.

We are still doing with one car.  We have several car rental places within a short distance if we need another car.  I am trying to quiet any "new car fever" until I am sure what type of car I might need.

Thats it for now, Friday (yea!), September 5, 2014



No comments: