Friday, September 19, 2014

Summer 2014 September 19 Friday



70 degrees this morning.  54:42  minutes walking. Five earthquakes during last 24 hours (one 3.40)

Training, especially field training, emphasized this week.  Field Training Thursday (I started taking action rather than just observing) and a field day tomorrow.  I am learning, and as I start actually doing the job duties, I learn what I don’t know as well as what I do know.  

However, I know what I will learn faster if I try actually doing everything that will be part of my job when I am in the field.  There is actually a lot involved, but I don’t think I will have any problem with it and find it enjoyable in a lot of ways.

Got my employee number today.  Probably not a big deal in the overall scheme of things, but it is important in that I had to have it to get some access to some computer programs, sign up for health insurance etc. and some other items.!  

Strange weather, a storm came in this morning and when I looked at my “weather app”  (actually, I use the Memphis Channel 5 app), it showed the forecast was for “sunny” at 8:00 a.m., while actually it was high wind and rain.  (Not the fault of the Channel 5 app.). I’m sure Dave Brown would have gotten it right if he was here! 

Baseball season is ending, it has been a lot of fun this year.  As I mentioned previously, while we are still strong Cub fans, we have become very strong St. Louis Cardinal fans.  We became St. Louis fans since we saw so many of the Memphis Redbird players now playing for the St. Louis Cardinals.  Where we live now, we can pick up St. Louis Cardinal gams almost every night, and they are playing terrific.  When the Cubs and Cardinals play each other, we just cheer for each one!

There have been a lot of really excellent Cardinal gams this past several weeks, and we have really enjoyed it.  We will miss it when baseball season is over.  

I like Avia walking shoes, not just because they are inexpensive, but because I really like the way they are so  light and the way they fit.  I used to buy them at J.C. Penny for around $27-34 a pair.  

I need another pair (badly) so I went to J.C. Penny and they only had a few pair.  For some reason, they had an over abundance of another type of shoe.  So I decided to check the internet.  I check Amazon and found a price of $70 per pair.  I checked the Wal Mart internet site and found the very same shoe for  around $19.   Unfortunately, it was labeled as “out of Stock” , so the low price doesn’t help me much!    I’ll keep checking.   

Trying a new scheduled in the morning.  I was walking, then checking e-mail, then taking a nap, then showering etc, and then breakfast.  I decided to try to do i the way I did in Lakeland, where I walked, bicycled, showered, napped and than ate.  So this morning I walked, then took a shower, shave etc., and then checked e-mail etc, then took my nap and then ate.  

I think it cut down on my time (or rather time wasted), but still piddled to much.

Friday.  In Lakeland I really  enjoyed Friday’s, especially our evening out with friends.  Still like Fridays and weekends, but I miss the activities we did in Lakeland.

September 19 of 2013 actually marks the beginning of the end, and I was actually well aware of that on September 19, It just took a while for everything to happen.  I’ll go into that sometime in the future.. The result was an unfortunate end of some routines and friends we really enjoyed and well always remember, but at least we had the good fortune to have the experiences and friendships.  I wouldn’t have known it if we hadn’t had the experiences and gotten to know the people we knew, but I’m sure somewhere I would have know I missed something important.


That’s it for today, Friday!, September 19, 2014.

No comments: