Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Fall 2014 September 24 Wednesday (Capital Error!)



67 degrees this morning. 53.52 minute walk.

“Meet the Press” Sunday morning had an error, in that the story was on Kansas, but the state capital shown was Oklahoma’s state capital.  (Both are very distinctive and I recognize both of them.) 

I remember the Kansas Capital (Topeka) because when I was a child, when we drove to Topeka we would all make a game of being the fist person to see the State Capital.  

I can remember climbing to the top and one time meeting the Governor.  Years later, I took my daughter in to see the Oklahoma Governor at the Oklahoma Capital.  

If I remember correctly, the Kansas Capital closed their “dome” to climbing the stars, I do’t believe they allow it now.

Anyway, I was surprised there were no snide remarks about the error.  There is simply no mistaking the Oklahoma Capital  

For years it was the only State Capital without a dome, and for some  reason they decided to put a dome on it.

We always drove Highway 75 to the State Capital.  At the time we were moving from our farm north of Topeka, they build a “new” Highway 75 with a very different alignment (several miles difference in many cases.  I was in the 6th grade (actually going on to 7th Grade) so that was about 55 years ago.

Every time I go to Topeka (for family reunions etc.), I  refer the Highway 75 as the “new” highway!   I am sure by now it is the “old” highway. to most people.

I have two “training field days” scheduled (tomorrow and Thursday) this week as I start to actually perform the position duties.  I am getting familiar with what I need to do, now it is time to do it!)   I know it will take me some time to get all of the steps down in “real time”,  but  I will enjoy it.  

I will especially like getting on a routine, even if it is a highly variable routine.  I know I will enjoying having a “home office” (no commute!) and fortunately we have several rooms that would work.  Actually, I kind of like my commute, but I won’t be sorry to not have to commute. My normal schedule will be two or three days in the office and two or three days in the field.  

Signed up for insurance etc.  This means I have had four health insurance plans this year. Of course, I am just grateful that I have health insurance available.  

Thus far, I really like IOS 8 for my iPhone and iPads (I still haven’t upgraded Aliene’s phone yet).  I’m not sure when I will upgrade to the iPhone 6, although I expect it will be soon!  I enjoy reading about it and I am waiting and hopping they will get all the bugs out before I get one!  

I like my new schedule (walk, shower, nap, eat, nap dress etc. and then go off to work), it seems to be smoother and I actually have some time to get some minor tasks done. 
Unfortunately, it does not leave time for riding my bike or reading the papers, but I expect to get something on that worked out soon!  

The coolish weather in the morning is the promise of the winter, which I really don’t like especially for my morning walk and bicycle ride.  No matter what, it seems colder outside.  And, I know it will be here until late May of 2015.


Thats it for now, Wednesday, September 24, 2014 

No comments: