Sunday, September 21, 2014

Summer 2014 September 21 Sunday (IOS 8)



71 degrees this morning. 55:05 minutes walking. (new walking shoes) 

Strange, I always thought Fall/Autumn started on the 21st of the month, this year it is the 23rd.  I didn’t research the reasons for it, but so much for my assumptions.

Completed upgrading to my iPhone to IOS 8.   I always hate the way the upgrades messes up your iPhone, it seems they could do better.

However, IOS 8 is worth it, what can I say.  I love being able to call “Hey Siri” and he (my voice is male) will respond, when the phone is plugged in.  No need to push the button or ever look t the phone!  I love it!   I literally danced with joy when I found out it worked.   It will work even in the car as long as it is plugged in.  

While it may seem somewhat of a parlor trick, it is practical for making phone calls, sending texts and especially making notes about random thoughts you may have during the day, navigating etc.  

Kali, my granddaughter, upgraded her iPhone 4S and she is equally happy with IOS 8, especially the screen keyboard, which is a lot easier to use.  . 

Also, the keyboard is a lot better and there are some good new apps that came with IOS 8.  I am still playing with it. 

I think of a lot of notes and meetings and appts. while driving, so it will be really wonderful for me.

Now, I need to upgrade Aliene’s phone and two iPads, which promises to be fun, especially if they all come up in Chinese!  

Service light (not the check engine light, the service notice light) came on our car today, so we will see what our new dealer is like, when it comes to maintenance and repairs.  Since we only have one car we are very careful about following preventive maintenance procedures and making sure we keep it in excellent shape.   

Time is passing fast, as Aliene has the Halloween and Fall decorations up.  It always brightens the house and outside area of our house up.  One of the “witches” no longer lights up and moves, but it still brightens up the house. 

“Data Exhaust” is the concept that we all leave a detailed record of our lives through our use of data, credit cards, etc.  I kept a record last week and anyone who cared (and probably in reality no one cares), they would know exactly the time I get up (sign on to computer, etc.), time I stop at McDonalds on the way to work (credit card), time I get on the turnpike (pike pass record), time I enter the office (the security pass keeps a record), etc. throughout the day.  Probably no one will ever care, but it is there anyway.

Picked up my business cards for my consulting business yesterday.  Now, if I just develop some business.  I don’t plan on being too active in soliciting business right now.  A person who has his own consulting business is planning to provide me with some consulting opportunities.  I”ll see, but at least I”ll be read if the opportunities do develop.  

That’s it for now, Sunday, September 21, 2014














No comments: