Wednesday, September 03, 2014

Summer 2014 September 3 Wednesday (GERD)

Summer 2014 September 3 Wednesday

79 degrees this morning.  54:40 minutes walking this morning.  One earthquake.

September is the month where I feel the Summer is really over.  I think school starting, the passing of Labor Day, start of college football, pools closing etc., tends to bring a close to Summer even though it lingers on until even into November or early December.

First day of work, feeling really positive about it.  It has a lot of positive aspects and I am looking forward to it.   Will be in various phases of training for about a month (or until I am ready) before I go out on my own.

Really trying to concentrate on my eating patterns.  At least I am aware that I need to control or at least be aware of my food intake.  I try to keep up with "My Fitness Pal" (an app), but it is hard when you try to find new food, or I should say it is time consuming and clumsy to try to find the stats on a new food.

I hope I am not catching a cold.  It is too early in the year to catch a cold and the last thing I want to do is to have a cold when I'm just starting a new job.  The first few weeks are basically computer training, but still....  I think it is more likely my GERD is acting up.  My Doctor (in Lakeland) recently changed my GERD medicine and it could be my recently eating has caused a flare-up the new medicine can't handle.

I didn't realize how bad I had GERD util I quick taking a medicine that lowered my immune system (Prevacid, I believe, but don't quote me on this).  I quit taking it and started on major coughing jags when I ate a bacon sandwich and any time I drank any kind of carbonated soda  (Diet Pepsi, Coke etc.).

After realizing the effects of carbonated beverages, I quit drinking Coke, Pepsi, etc. and anything with carbonation in it.  I just don't plan on giving up coffee, but hopefully I control enough other foods that it won't be a problem.  

I started taking Tagament (sp) for the GIRD, which worked wonders.  I do plan on asking my new Doctor about it.  I was planning on going in for my physical in November, but I may make an appt. sooner if this continues.

Thinking more, about the "possessions" and how limiting them should be a goal.   I am trying to imagine my if I got rid of a lot of stuff and don't buy more!  Some, I need, even though I may not use it all that often.  Other things I could get rid of without any pain.  The moving help some, getting me off of the emotional attachment to possessions.  However, I still have a long ways to go.

Just thinking about "experiences", I know the the trip to China, my experiences with friends in Lakeland, many of Aliene's and my experiences, Kali's recent trip to the concert, there are no possessions which could make up for those experiences, or even amount of money.  I need to read the articles again and other articles and books on the subject.

There is even a group whose members try to limit their possessions to 100 items (including clothes).  I think that is way to extreme, but .....

I have found I really like reading the New York Times.  I get stories there I don't read elsewhere and in a depth I could never expect elsewhere.  I woudn't expect the local paper to have the breath or the depth of the NY times, I think a local paper should emphasize local news.

Writing this on my iPad while my laptop is in the hospital.

Thats it for now, Wednesday, September 3, 2014

                      ,

No comments: