Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Summer 2014 September 10 Wednesday (Walks, Dogs and Change)



83  degrees tis morning. 53.46 minute Walk.

I looked at my iPhone after my last post (when I talked about how there hadn’t been any earthquakes) and of course, discovered there had been an earthquake shortly before that (like I said, I probably jinxed it) and it was a 3.5, which is a healthy (read dangerous) earthquake around here!  It was about 60 miles from here, not as close as a lot of them.  There was also a minor (2.6) earthquake last night about 30 miles away.

I promise (I think) to never joke about earthquakes again! 

During my walk this morning, a dog suddenly started barking.  One of those “I’m 500 lbs and mouth full of sharp teeth” barks.  Since I rarely even hear a bark or even a noise on my walk, the dog reached his objective of surprising me!

I think that is like a lot of surprises, they are unexpected and even if nothing happened, it can change your behavior in the future (like a close accident in a car, or a piece of steel falling two feet from you).  

In this case, it didn’t really affect my behavior, except I was maybe more ready for a dog barking, and it changed my thoughts to how a “surprise” in life can be one of those sudden basic changes that completely changes your life.  (Like losing a job, an accident, or something good.)  More on this in future days.  It gave me something to ponder on my walks!)

Have the sniffles.  It is too early in the year for a head cold already and in my second week of work!  They are relatively mild hand haven’t really affected my activities any, but I don’t feel all that good.  

I got issued my computer and printer today (actually two printers).  They are portable so I can use them in the car or in the field.  They have “air cards”, as I may have mentioned before.  

I am getting more involved and learning more about work.  It is very interesting and I think I will really enjoy it, especially after I start working out of my home office and working my regular duties.  

Tomorrow (Wednesday) and Thursday, I have “field training” again, which is always interesting.  It is with a different person each time, although I have a “lead” person who handles the training.  

I also just got notified about some possible consulting work, so that will be interesting.  

My dental implants appear to be doing fine.  It is nice to be able to chew on that side of my mouth now!  I haven’t had any pain or anything (other than, as I mentioned, in my wallet).  

I don’t know what I thought of the Apple announcements on the new iPhones.  I guess it wasn’t really a surprise, so wait for the products now.  I usually war a while before I upgrade to allow for problems to appear.  (Although the last time I waited 4 years-from a iPhone 3 to a iPhone 5.)  

I”m using Aliene’s old iPhone (a 3GS) for my work phone, since I want to keep it separate from my personal phone.  I’ll change it to my 5 when I upgrade.  (I use my previous iPhones for iPods.  They make great iPods,)

Summer is starting to wind down.  I was shocked when I wrote the date to realize there are only about two weeks left in the Summer of 2014.  And then comes Autumn, then Winter.  

Aliene and I are still looking for a gym.  While there are plenty in the area, the ones with what we really want are just a little too far to drive too.  Actually, other than the lack of swimming, I am ok with walking and biking in the neighborhood and my weights at home.  However, it may be different this winter!  I really like the set up in Lakeland, although I was disappointed in the way they handled it when I left, I felt like they were underhanded and greedy. 


That’s it for now, Wednesday, September 10, 2014.

No comments: