Wednesday, August 24, 2016

2016 Summer August 24 Wednesday

2016 Summer August 24 Wednesday

81 degrees this morning, walk 34:25 minutes, very windy.

Summer is here again!  I was surprised at the temperature this morning, although it is also very windy, so it doesn’t feel as warm as it seems (at least now).

Surprised that I set a”record” in time on my walk this morning.  Maybe the wind pushed me! Actually normally I am slower in a high wind, so I was surprised. 

This is the first time I have even walked (this distance)  less than 35 minutes.  Although I don’t have a “tracker” I use when I walk, my “iPhone steps” are about the same, or even a little more than normal.

I have found trackers to be very unreliable as to the “actual” distance (including the iPhone).  Probably the most accurate tracker is one that uses GPS to measure the distance.  I am sure they are out there, but I don’t have one.

Actually, years ago (at least 10, maybe 15 years ago) I had one of the first GPS trackers.  It worked fine, just was hard to set up like many early items.  

Actually, my cell phone has several “apps” that can track me down to almost the exact address.  After the novelty wears off, I hardly look at it anymore, primarily because of time.  It is an excellent app, it just doesn’t felt my needs right now. Actually, I do look at it for work sometimes, so it is worth the time and effort to set it up.  

One of the more interesting apps I have is one that you can leave a “message” at that specific spot and other people will see the message and can leave their own message.  

Sounds great, but….. Somehow I just never get around to using it, too busy living life!

Samsung came out with a new iPhone, but I think “so what”.  If it doesn’t work in a year, it can have all the features in the world and it isn’t worth it.  More power to people who like them and find them useful.  Also, I can’t get the picture of Samsung  workers dying of cancer and an uncaring company out of my head.

Many companies I have found (such as Capital One) are so interested in “Marketing”, they completely lose sight of ethics and customer service.  All they can think of is making the next dollar off someone.  Almost as bad as the drug companies and them gouging sick people, except the drug companies area  lot worse since the sick people don’t have any alternative.

Soon I will have been working at my present job for two years.  The time has gone fast. It is certainly different from my previous career, but it has a lot of similarities also.  Unfortunately pay isn’t one of them, but very little bit helps and at least I keep busy and really enjoy it.  

As they say the “benefits are great”, although that hardly makes up for the pay, especially when you see money continued to be shoveled to the “fat cats” and the “good ole boys and girls” who are their buddies and contribute large sums, while education and public services continue to be cut back.

Makes you feel a little sick to live in this state.  

We bought some “hot shot” that is supposed to curtail cramping.  Of course, as soon as we got it, we haven’t had any cramps.  

I actually had some cramps last night, but it was from the way I sit at meetings, not exercise.  I’m not sure it if will work for that.  (I have a tendency to curl by legs back, which can give me some hellacious cramps.)  I thought riding the bicycle might cause me to cramp but it hasn’t yet.  

In the world of price gouging, the local AAA baseball team increased their tickets by about 30%, so we may well not purchase any more.  On top of that they have the gall to charge $8.00 for “shipping and handling” after increasing prices (for partial season tickets) by 30%!

I think they lost interest in the true fan, they just want the businesses who can write off the cost and don’t care.  That is what they will get.  


That’s it for now, Wednesday, August 24, 2016.  

No comments: