Monday, August 22, 2016

2016 Summer August 22 Monday

2016 Summer August 22 Monday

66 degrees this morning, walk 35:02 minutes 

Apparently due to the cool weather I walked a lot faster this morning! I am ready to a return to “regular” summer weather.

Not sitting on patio this morning (or yesterday morning), simply too cool.

Overall nice weekend.  It was a good break from the regular week.  

Listening to the book on Nichola Tesla, it seems more and more like the current time, at least from the 80’s to the present.  

Some people are working only for advancement of (in this case) electricity, others attempting to steal the work of others as their own, some only thinking of how much money they can make of it, etc.  

Apparently the public was much more involved in following the work and lives  the Edison, Westinghouse, Tesla, Bell etc. than I realized.  I was amazed to hear that Tesla would put on shows with electricity running though his body and lighting up his body in a light show.

I recently read (I don’t recall if I read it someplace else or it is part of the Tesla book) that they studied Salamanders that “regenerated” their own tails and found that an electrical current was apparently the reason.

They found a way to replicate the electric current, and found that, using the same current, a rat can regenerate  it’s own tail.

The implications of that are tremendous, if it be transferred to human beings or animals!  

When I read about the great inventions and advances of individual inventors,I am reminded again of my high school teacher saying “all great inventions in the future will come from corporate inventions, the time of the individual inventor is over”.  

How wrong she was!  However, her comment made me think and I really realize the problem with attempting to predict the future!  

I think you probably could have predicted that, however inventions are developed, human nature will set in and their will be thieves, liars and lawsuits!  Of course, there will also be great innovation by dedicated persons.

It really emphasizes the importance of electricity.  Sometimes I think of the consequences of a large scale breakdown in the electrical grid.  We depend so much on electricity for everything.  

Maybe the future of electricity will be (or should be) like computers, instead of a large computer being used by lot of little computers, there will be a lot of small electrical generating stations powered by solar etc.  

While there are a lot of wind generated power (especially in this state where the state legislator basically gave the farm to wind power promoters to the point ti is costing the state more than any benefits) I can’t believe wind generated power will be much good until they develop an efficient small scale wind generating power generation.  

The monstrous wind generators they have now simply are’t sustainable.  That is my opinion anyway.  

Ditto with water generating systems.  It seems like small scale water generating systems would be efficient.  

Start of a new week, the last full week of August.  


That’s it for now, Monday, August 22, 2016.

No comments: