Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Summer 2015 June 30 Tuesday



71 degrees this morning.  Walk 39:02 minutes (a record for this route)

The year 2015 is 50% over.  It is hard to believe it went so fast.  This will mark one year since we have moved, and July 2, will be 10 months in my current job.  Things are still left undone!

I just realized after I posted my blog yesterday morning that I had written and not posted my blog Sunday.  Unfortunately, I ran some updates Sunday and deleted the blog since I thought I had posted it.  

I think I have done this twice in the past two years, all on a Sunday!  I guess the change in routine.

I have to wonder, what does this mean about the blog I wrote, assuming, I fear, it is gone forever?  Was it even here if no one read it (including me?)  Kind of like singing in the car or the shower when no one hears you, did it really even happen?

Maybe more like a tree falling in the forest and no one hears it, did it even really make any noise?

Anyway, enough of that.  What’s gone is gone.  I can’t recreate it since I literally do it as a stream of thought and have no outline or notes or usually even remember what I wrote.  (I don’t need to since I normally keep a copy, or rather several copies!)

I started to use Google Docs for this  journal since it (or at least the spreadsheets) automatically save, but I don’t care for the editing in Google Docs.  Also, I need the internet to write it, although i think there is an off-line option.  

We are still in the process of moving and will probably be for some time.  A little bit every day with a sudden surge occasionally and we are making good progress!  I am reviewing the book “Japanese Art of Tidying Up” and an old standard Stephanie Winston “Getting Organized” to prepare myself (if I can find the Winston book from moving).  

Getting both cars in the garage (along with a set of weights, a punching bag stand, racks, and numerous boxes) was a major victory!  Now, opening boxes and tossing anything I can’t find a place for is my next step.

Anything is subject to tossing except my Hot Wheels!  Well, a few books and some pictures etc.  

One thing all of the notebooks, sticky pads etc. I have been saving for years, I can finally use in my job.  However, it also makes me realize just how many I have and no matter how long I keep working I doubt if I will ever run out of pens, notebooks, sticky pads or not pads!

i think one thing I commented on Sunday was the way stores seem to “assume” you don’t want a receipt.  Almost every store asks if I want my receipt and then acts a little insulted when I say yes, of course I to.  (I don’t really say “yes of course”, I just politely say “yes”.)

I think that thought started after we did some grueling moving work Saturday morning and early afternoon on cleaning up the old house (well, Aliene did anyway)  

We rewarded ourselves by going to “Buffalo Wild Wings”, which is about a mile from our house (as is our favorite breakfast restaurant, Katy’s Country Griddle, where Aliene can get gluten free pancakes).  

Coffee is my standard for measuring a restaurant.  I have gotten to the point where if it isn’t hot and fresh, I don’t mind asking for a new pot.  If the server is a coffee drinker they understand, if not, they probably think I am just picky.  However, I figure $3.00 for a cup of coffee (a lot less at Katy’s of course), it should be a fresh pot.

Anyway, the coffee was mediocre, not quite bad enough to send back.  I was going to make a comment on the survey they give with the check, but the server “assumed” I didn’t want it, which got me off on people who seem to assume I don’t want a receipt. 

I’ll go over my experience with our (ex) dry cleaners in a future blog.

A hoot owl is hooting in the distance.  I am sitting outside on my patio enjoying the early morning weather.  


That’s it for now, Tuesday, June 30, 2015.     

No comments: