Saturday, June 20, 2015

Spring 2015 June 20 Saturday


79  Degrees this morning, Over 41 minutes walking (forgot to turn off stopwatch)

Just heard a story (a true story) last night from a friend who called and mentioned about how someone we mutually know had displayed a significant talent.  

I think it illustrates again that I should never judge what someone can or can’t do by preconceived notions or using stereotypes of what we expect a persons can do.

Ok, I admit it (somewhat stereotyping myself), the person is a year or two older than I am and not the personality of a person you would expect to display this specific talent!

I guess that is one reason I never give up in myself or others to demonstrate they can succeed, regardless of their circumstances.  

I realize there are things I can’t do, no matter how hard I try  I’ll never run a 4 minute mile, or probably even a 12 minute mile and some professions or hobbies I thought I might enjoy, I’ll never do.

On the other hand, once I accept that, it gives me time to concentrate on what I can do.

I just realized tonight that a “major” change had happened without my being aware of it-I now have more “new generation” Apple device apple cords, that I do the “old generation” Apple device power cords.

I don’t recall when the “new” charging device started (now that I think of it probably at least 4 years ago), but almost all of my devices now are charged by the “new” power devices.

Only my repurposed  iPhone 3 and 3g, an iPod and my “original” iPad now use that cored.  My old iPod Shuffles are running strong but they use a different power cord.

That seems to be how technology and change occur, suddenly you realize you are using the new technology or devices and the change has happened.  Or something like that.

Kind of like watching  children grow up, suddenly the world has changed and you can’t go back, even if you wanted to.

I always think about coffee filters and where i will be in the pack of 750 (or whatever) coffee filters is gone.  I seems like it will never happen, but it does. Kind of like life and time, it just disappears.  

Some major moving will be accomplished today, we are renting a truck and moving some furniture we have given, and we are (hopefully) going to use it to get ride of the dreaded boxes.  I have someone who actually want’s the old boxes (I hope) and we will cart them to his house.  

Whatever is left, I can get into my box cutting mode and get ride of them!  

I really don’t want to move again, it seems like the last two Summers have been spent moving.  
I just realized, Summer starts tomorrow, (to be exact, 11:29 a.m, CDT).  I will probably note “Summer” in my  title tomorrow, since Summer starts on Sunday.

Of course, that also means the long days will start to shorten as we descend into another Winter.  However, it will happen no matter what I do, so I intent to enjoy the Summer!


That’s it for now, the last day of Spring 2015, Saturday, June 20, 2015.

No comments: