Thursday, June 04, 2015

Spring 2015 June 4 Thursday


73 degrees this morning.  45:03 minute walk.

Yesterday got up to at least 88 degrees at one point!  

Perhaps Summer is finally here!.  Temperature got to the area of 88 Degrees yesterday and is suppose to continue to be relatively warm.  

This is the last days of the current routine in this house, as we  get ready to move.  It is always a feeling like you feel the routine will continue even though you know it won’t.  I can imagine the new routine, but can’t really picture it, plus I know it will be different due to the different circumstances and people and events involved.

I really enjoyed my morning routine in Lakeland, and hoped I could continue the same routine here.  The situation was almost the the same, our house almost the exact same distance to a 24 hour gym.  

However, there were several variables that completely changed my morning routine.  First, the paper was no longer delivered at 3:00 a.m. or so, but at 6:00 a.m.  I could have adjusted to simply reading the papers the next day while I rode the stationary cycle, and I may have done that if the other circumstances had been the same.  

Second, while the distance was the same, the “last 1/2 mile-at max-“ was a sidewalk along a four-lane road and a poorly maintained sidewalk, so it was ok to walk to, but  somewhat of a risk to bike in the dark.  (I could have ridden on the road, but that seemed even riskier.  

Another factor (before I started working) was I developed a routine of walking, riding my bike and then swimming as soon as the pool opened, so I managed to get a variety of exercise.

Also, I increased my walk to (at the time) about an hour, and also increased the bike ride to about 45 minutes, so I was getting adequate exercise.

After I started working, I fell into the routine of walking, and then heading for work.  When I started my home office, that saved me about a 45 minute commute, but I never really developed another routine of exercise, and ended up just walking about 45 min (and I also do sit-ups and weights).  

Anyway, my morning routine (from about 3:00 am. to 7:30 a.m.) is extremely important to me, I try to maximize my efficiency and not waste any time, while providing for a post-exercise nap (around 28-38 minutes-I set an alarm, but usually wake before the alarm) and than a prei-work nap of around 11 minutes (I definitely set the alarm for this one and normally don’t wake until the alarm.  Then I sign in, grab another cup of coffee and the hectic work day begins.

Somehow, it all fits together for my life pattern, the exercise, journaling, paper reading and nap before 7:30 a.m. and then a high octane work day.   I usually also take a short nap after work to prepare for the rest of the day.  

Somehow, it all provides separation and allows me to maximize my day (I think!).

Another dream Wednesday morning (this is my “post exercise” nap):

Dream i6-3-15 Wednesday

In a big store kept thinking of as a Braums (a regional ice cream store chain).  However it sold clothes, furniture etc. as well as a restaurant.

For some reason, I keep losing things, I’d forget my case or finding things, I found three forgotten iPads (or tablets) at the entrance.

I was talking to people, but I can’t recall who it was or who it represented.

I’d keep going outside and coming back in.

Don’t recall a lot about the setting except it was a large one story building and it sold a wide variety of items, in kind of a Wall Mart or even a thrift shop way.

Since Braums is a small (probably 5,000 ft max) combination fresh market convenient store and small quick meal (hamburgers etc.) and ice cream place,  (you order at the counter and pick up at the counter), that is strange. 


That’s it for now, Thursday, June 4, 2015

No comments: