Sunday, June 07, 2015

Spring 201 June 7 Sunday (Anniversary! New House)

 Spring 2015 June 7 Sunday (Anniversary!, New House!)

18 years ago Aliene and I married, on June 7, 1997!  It is a decision I have certainly never regretted.  A lot of experiences that we never could have expected, and that is what we expected when we got married.

When we actually met is unknown, but we know it was in dance class during one of dance lessons at the dance club we first attended.  There are different times that we remember prior to actually dating, and there were sparks, but  the sparks turned into a fire in January of 1997, and I think about three weeks later we decided to get married.

We actually both went to a dance practice.  I wasn't planning on attending, but decided to get some weights on sale (bar bells) and went to the dance practice afterwards and our lives completely changed!

We just spent our first night in our new house, so we will always remember when we moved into the house!

Moving went as well as could be expected, both of us were worn out last night.  We are glad we got the movers to move our furniture and heavy stuff.  By the time we rented a truck etc., it was easy to justify the cost.

Even though the movers moved our furniture and set everything up, we still had a lot of moving and physical work involved in unpacking, moving furniture around etc.

Now, we will be looking for everything for months.  Actually, during our move, I found something (a light for my bike) that I had "lost" during our move from Lakeland!  I looked and looked for it and finally thought I had  accidentally donated it.  It is an expensive item (but important for bike safety), so I am glad to have found it.

We met our neighbors who seemed very nice.  We are located near an elementary school, with a middle school and high school all nearby, so there are a lot of young children.

Thinking about it, it is almost a complete reversal of Lakeland where we lived in an "over 55" addition for the last 8 years or so in Lakeland.

I don't think either is necessarily "better", both have their good points.  However, it is nice to have children around and younger people and just the overall variety in ages also.

Also, I think the fact that the school system we are in is considered one of the best school systems in the state is nice, it is touted on the sales literature.

This state has completely independent school districts, with their own taxing ability etc.  They have no legal relationship with the cities, which I think it a lot better than the "city" or "county" system in many states including Tennessee.

I did't walk this morning, I thought about it but decided I had gotten plenty of exercise yesterday and probably will today!  I actually do know where my exercise clothes, shoes are etc., so that isn't an excuse!
We are looking forward to the new journey in our new house.  We actually got a lot done yesterday as far as moving, and expect to make more progress today, although we will take some breaks since it is out anniversary!

This was written on my iPad!  I have very limited access to the internet on this iPad.  It doesn't make a lot of sense to have much since I almost always use it on Wi Fi, but have a very limited amount for times like these.

That's it for now, Sunday, June 7, 2015.

No comments: