Monday, June 08, 2015

Spring 2015 June 8 Monday



72 degrees this morning.  40:38 minute walk.

First walk in the new neighborhood.  A lot different, has a lot more hills, not a traditional pattern of streets.  Of course, very narrow streets in keeping with this City’s policy of maximum profits and minimum cost for residential and commercial developers and builders.  

Overall, the streets were reasonably clean, thanks to the efforts of the storm water department of the the City.

Our Anniversary yesterday was nice, although we spent most of the day working finishing up moving, unpacking, etc.  We had a nice dinner (and breakfast).  

I find I actually enjoy tearing down boxes, that is, cutting them up so they will fit in the garbage carts.  

While I don’t necessarily feel that cardboard needs to be recycled to save trees, I do feel they should be recycled to save space in landfills  I really can’t believe a City this large and supposedly up to date (but only when it benefits commercial or residential developers or builders) has such an obsolete recycling policy and actually doesn’t recycle cardboard and still uses the little bins.  Someone has their head somewhere it doesn’t belong.

I’m not sure why I actually enjoy curling up cardboard boxes and try to challenge myself to get as many boxes as possible in the garbage carts.  I realized that last year when I was cutting up extra boxes that I enjoyed the challenge and the actual techniques used to cut up boxes.

I should that the only way to cut up boxes is a “box knife”.  

I first cut up boxes when I was in college and working for a store that cut up their boxes to minimize the cost of disposal.  The disposal company charged a lot more if they had to pick up uncut boxes, so one of my jobs was to cut the boxes up so they would fit in the dumpster.  

I have actually given this some thought (why I enjoy cutting up boxes) but really can’t think of a  reason.

So far we enjoy the house.  It appears to be well built (with the exception of the concrete company) with some design factors that make you wonder what they were thinking.  

We have the normal “where is that” as we look for items we have packed and can’t find.  I’m sure that will continue for some months.  

It is so nice to have a phone, internet and cable tv again.  Especially the internet, you realize just how dependent we are on the internet and electricity.  

We considered dropping our home phone, but decided to keep it for at least another year.

the security system uses something which does not require a home phone (or cell) and will activate even if the phone system is out  Since our front door is windowless, we also decided to spring for a security camera that we can see who is at the door.

Several dreams:

Dream # 1:The last part involved riding in a fire truck with Angela, as a little girl  We kept waiting for the fire truck to stop and let her off, but it wasn’t stopping.  It kept driving around in circles , on a area kind of like a farm.

The fires truce driver was not a good driver and kept driving around in circles.  At some point a City Manager I know appeared and seemed puzzled

Don’t recall the first part of the dream that well.

Dream # 2:First part of dream I was at a symphony concert  (Swan Lake was playing) and suddenly people started jumping in the swimming pool (I assume fully clothed) and splashing water over the audience

I started laughing out loud, I thought it was funny.

Don’t remember much else on that, next part 

I was on a Ferris Wheel and keep throwing the parts of the seat off the Ferris Wheel.  Then I would get scared to death as the Ferris Wheel came down.

In another scene, I was trying to get out of a building and and woman were carrying a lot of stuff and blocked my path.  They kept standing there at the stairs and every time I moved the person in front of me moved (not deliberately, almost like by accident) so I couldn’t pass.

At the end of the dream I wasn’t sure if the person in front of me was a woman with long hair or a horse with a long tail.


Weird, but it was a dream.

That's it for now, Monday, June 8, 2015

No comments: