Friday, June 26, 2015

Summer 2015 June 26 Friday


81 degrees this morning.  Walk 41:38 +- minutes. 

Lightning in the west this morning, possibly a summer storm coming in.  More rain, which we don’t need.

Somehow we forgot to mark or even think about the one-year anniversary of moving from Lakeland.  A  year ago, we were “homeless”, looking for someplace to live, looking at major changes in our lives.

Sitting on the patio again, writing this.  I used to do it in the complete dark (it is usually around 4:30 a.m.), but that got kind of creepy, so I have the back porch light on.  I still like to write while I watch taped programs (usually Cramer “Mad Money”, auto racing, boxing or music videos-with the exception of “Mad Money”, not programs that probably stretch my mind to any degree.  

However, I enjoy even more the sounds, scents and sights of nature (except for bugs), the wind blowing in the streets the sounds of birds and some kind of bug (somewhat like a tree frog, but not as loud).

In spite of lightning in the west, the wind has been fairly low, although the wind is there, always there.  

One thing I enjoyed about my patio in Lakeland was the stillness, very rarely any kind of wind. 

I got some information on the book about “separating” yourself from possessions.  I have looked up some of the concepts (I haven’t read the book yet) and it dodx make sense.  

It does make it easier to get rid of items if you know the next person will treasure and use them, or even, if appropriate, it is time to give an item (a pair of shoes, a hat, a favorite shirt), the rest it deserves.

I am always surprised when I suddenly realize I have had a shirt for 30 years, shoes for 20 etc.  Actually, I can date some items back to the late seventies, which is at least 30 years and a lot of items from the mid eighties, which is at least approaching 30 years.

I got my first computer in around 1981 (a Vic 20), so that was 34 years ago in itself, and my fist PC in 1987.  Time flies.

Of course, already, I note that the days are starting to get shorter.  A lot of Summer, and Summer weather is still ahead, but it also means winter will come and the “shortest day of the year” before we have the “longest day of the year”. Of course it makes sense but it doesn’t mean I have to like it.

Finished listening to “Girl on a Train” during my walk.  We also listened to it while driving in the car.  It is quite a book, if you like books like that. 

I started listening to the “Innovators” again, although that was because it was the only other book on my iPod (formerly iPhone 3).   I always look forward to a new book.  
Strange, I haven’t read a book, on it’s own, for several months now.  It is not  matter of lack of desire, I see all kinds of books I want to read and make lists of books to read.  It is a matter of time and priorities.  It isn’t even moving, it is probably that the computer takes a lot of time, as does other activities.  

Some of it is that I got tired of reading books with essentially the same plot and even stereotyped characters, but on the other hand, sometimes it is comfortable to read something that I am familiar with, that there is some certainly as to what will happen.

Very busy day in the field yesterday office day today to catch up the paperwork.  I really like my new (temporary perhaps) area, it has a lot of interesting people and businesses and it keeps my busy.  


That’s it for now, Friday, June 26, 2015.

No comments: