Tuesday, June 09, 2015

Spring 2015 June 9 Tuesday


73 degrees this morning. Walk 38:02 minutes (different route)

Sitting outside on the patio after my morning walk. It is nice  out here, although it is completely dark yet.  Perhaps a small light would be nice, but on the other hand it would just attract insects.  

Our third night in our new house and actually the first “regular” day, a Monday when I work etc.  I am enjoying the home office, it is about the same size as the one in the other house, but it has a ceiling fan, which is nice.  Also, since it is our  house, I feel I can decorate it any way I want.  It may actually be a little larger. 

My desk is right in front of the window, which I like, but  it also means there is a space where things can drop behind the desk, so I will need to be careful or perhaps set up some type of security.  

A dog barks in the distance, perhaps feeling my presence, but I think I am too far away.

I like dogs, but, that this dog barking, at a distance.

I once read a book about the scent of dogs, how they can remember thousands of scents.  Dogs are really amazing animals and it is a real shame when they are not treated right.

At the other house, I only saw a stray dog on one walk, and he was too well maintained to be a stray.  I never heard a dog bark.  Hopefully this neighborhood will be the same.  

Every time i hear a dog bark in the distance I think of the video/song by Paul McCartney, that starts “There’ll be another Day, until Tomorrow”  (or something like that).  I am amazed that I can put lyrics in Google and get the song.

Actually the lyrics are “I can wait another day until I call you” from the song “No More Lonely Nights” as per my Google search.  (Sorry Bing, I tried you first and you failed.)

I used to sing the lyrics for my granddaughters when they were younger and they always got a kick out of it and “secretly” videotape or tape it and play it back.

The early morning is always so peaceful and quiet, especially outside. I think that is one reason i love my morning walk so much and sitting on the patio.

Actually, I saw on the patio yesterday morning and read e-mail, etc.  It was very pleasant.

Unfortunately, the paper didn’t come until 6:45 am., which is simply unacceptable, so I expect my lifelong habit of reading at least one, and normally two or three daily newspapers will end.  It arrives so late I simply don’t read it and it may well be that the time has come to use my time more wisely.

I don’t regret my newspaper habit, I really enjoyed it, but the service here is so late it just doesn’t fit my day.  

Actually I don’t for computer news that much either.  It seems that each site, rather than present a balance or even an unbiased view, slants it to meet their preconceived notions or views, or whichever advertiser pays it the most.  obviously the major national news channels are just as bad or worst.  Also, I just don’t care fore video since it takes so much time, and they all try to trap you into watching video so they charge their advertiser for the “view” and many of the “news stores” are simply advertising stories.  

When I see all of the “concepts”, the apps, all the “advertiser supported” sites etc., I really wonder, where are all of these advertisers going to come from?

Day “in the field” yesterday.  A lot of new experiences, which is what I love about my job.


That’s it for now, Tuesday, June 9, 2015.  

No comments: