Saturday, June 13, 2015

Spring 2015 June 13 Saturday (Nashville CMA Fest)


71 Degrees this morning.  

CMA Fest is more than half over.

It has reached that point where reality tends to blend with unreality as the day becomes to actually take on a slight routine.  

Overall excellent day yesterday, performances were good, and, if were in to rating the experiences, which we aren’t, we would be picking from the best of excellent or even outstanding.  

I think seeing performances which aren’t quite up to par are part of the experience, especially here, where experience literally ranges from the beginners to the very experienced, and all stages in between.  

I think that is what keeps us coming back.

Slight rain yesterday, we just avoided getting drenched, but the  rain was over quickly (in the late morning) and it almost got cool for awhile, but the sun prevailed.  

This is a real vacation for both of us, since Aliene has been in the habit of moving literally every time she has any spare time, so it is a real vacation for her to suddenly not having moving hanging over her head every minute.  

I enjoyed swimming again yesterday.  It did reinforce my desire to have someplace I can swim on a regular basis.  One problem with the YMCA is that some of the more competitive  lap swimmers tend to run over you if you are just a dog paddler like I am.  (I swim laps, but obviously am not very fast and don’t really care how fast I am, I just want to enjoy myself and get some exercise.)  

I think the YMCA near us has several pools, or at least my time is more flexible than it used to be so hopefully I can work it out.  Of course, I now qualify for the “Senior” times, if they have times set aside for “Seniors”. 

The transition from Spring coolness to Summer was certainly sudden.  While I enjoy heat, the transition has been a rapid change.  It is hard to imagine the coolness of just several weeks ago.

Trying to remember my dreams has been an interesting experience.  While I don’t always remember everything (make that I never remember everything, I just remember small bits), the general themes seem to be bicycles (especially broken bicycles), hotels or other places of transition, high places (especially artificial ones like ferris wheels, buildings etc.) and family.  

Additional themes to some degrees appear to be cars/vehicles, and buildings and some from of travel.

Not a bad combination of themes!  I have no idea what dreams mean and haven’t really checked on it.  I really think dreams have some function, but I don’t know what.  

I know when I don’t sleep for long periods of time (as in college etc.), I would start hallucinating and when I take short naps (which is several times a day), i have very intense and vivid dreams, so I believe that dreams are essential to sleep or vice versa.

Looking forward to another day of CMA Fest.  As they say, even the worse day of CMA Fest is better than a day not at CMA Fest.  Well not really, but anyway.  I remember hearing “A bad day in the field is better than an outstanding day in the office” many times and it seemed like it may relate!

Now the hard part, trying to get a hotel room (on points) for next year.  It has gotten a lot more difficult over the years and has become somewhat of a game that I enjoy.

Wishing everyone an enjoyable weekend. 

Oh yes, one little dream I had yesterday, I just remember the ending:

Dream 6-12-15:

Dream in some kind of carnival or arts festival.  In an old town.  

Last part i remember is riding an old bicycle with Aliene on the back (double style) and I was riding out of old building down the driveway  somewhere.  

Prior to that there seemed to be a lot of interaction, but I forgot the dream before that before I could write it down.


That’s it for today, Saturday, June 13, 2015

No comments: