Thursday, June 11, 2015

Spring 2015 June 11 Thursday (Nashville, CMA Fest)


72  degrees this morning.  

Nashville.  I normally don’t “exercise” walk in the morning since I will get plenty of walking in during the day.  Sitting in the hotel lobby drinking coffee and water.  

CMA Fest officially starts today.  I have been lining up who I wish to see.  They had some activities yesterday and in fact have had  activities all week, but it really all starts today.

Had a chance for a long swim in the hotel pool, probably the longest I have had  in a year.  I really enjoyed it.

That decided me, i have to have access to a swimming pool!  I like the feel of moving through through the water and the clean feel of it.

As I probably mentioned before, one thing I really like about the CMA Fest is the wide variety of old and new, different varieties of music etc.  

We realize how things change when we come back to a place once a year.  The restaurant we used to eat our “first lunch” at the CMA Fest, has changed from what I would  say is  a sports atmosphere to a relatively upscale Italian restaurant.  We preferred the old and from the number of people we saw, everyone else does also!

Actually Nashville has a wide variety of wonderful restaurants.  The hotel we are staying at serves breakfast and also an evening snack that can substitute for supper.  

The number of new hotels and buildings in Nashville is astounding.  A year ago, the ‘Omni” hotet had just been built about 800 rooms and just since a Hilton Garden Inn, a Hyatt hotel etc.  has been build and a number of other hotels.  Somehow they all are doing well.

One thing I really like about this hotel room is the wonderful whirlpool tub (much bigger than a tub) that feels so good after a long day of walking, standing etc. Makes me want to get a hot tub!

For the first time this year, the CMA Fest did not print a program or have any kind of “goodie bag”.  Everything is on the app, which I assume saves them a lot of money, but it is a little more difficult to keep track of the schedule.

Old habits die hard.  I can’t bring myself not to respond to work e-mails or phone calls.  I just wouldn’t feel right  not responding until after my vacation is over!

CMA Fest can be a problem for dieting.  The hotel provides a wonderful breakfast, and then there is temptation throughout the day, as well as the feeling if you don’t eat “now”,  you will be hungry later.  

One thing I noticed was a major change, is I took the whirlpool bath.  For the first time, I had no paper book, magazine or newspaper to read while I took my bath.  Times change.  (Actually I did have a throwaway paper with the CMA Fest news, but nothing no physical book or magazine etc. 

It is nice to have a break from the continuous moving, although we do try to balance things out and not spend all our time on moving.  Now  that we are in the house with all of our stuff, we are start the long process of settling in.  I got my basic office set up.  Aliene, who is a lot better at this than I am, has gotten the basic structure of the house set up, now it will be time to go through boxes and try to get both cars in the garage! 

Looking forward to the first day of the CMA Fest.  I know it will be Sunday before I know it.  I always say events like these are like life, when you finally learn your way around, it is over.


That’s it for now, Thursday, June 11, 2015.

No comments: