Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Summer 2014 August 19 Tuesday (Food)



75 degrees this morning. Walked 57.17 minus. Rode bike about 44 minutes yesterday.
Weather has been threatening, but so far it has gone around us.  

School is starting for Kali and Katherine today.  Seeing them go to school reminds me of when I was that age.  

Going in to get our new Drivers License today.  They have an unbelievable requirement that we have to go in and bring our current license plus our birth certificate.  What is so bad about it is we went to the Drivers License Office and there was a four hour wait, even if you just wanted to ask a question.  Of course,most of the people there were waiting to get take their driving test etc., and no provision was made for someone who just needed to get some paperwork completed. 

Somehow, time got away from me this morning.  I am always amazed at how time early in the morning seems to go so fast (I call it “hyper time”) and if I’m not careful, the time seems to disappear.

Plan to be starting work in two weeks and I think I was thinking about how I will adjust my  schedule and I learned very fast how not to reschedule my activities!  I know I will need to adjust my actives, or maybe the better term is to set priorities.  My top priority will be my walk, and obviously I need to take time to eat breakfast and take a shower/shave etc and take a nap..  I would like to keep my bike ride and the timing on this journal, but everything may not be possible.  

I will need to make some difficult decisions about my morning schedule, but I knew it would happen eventually.  

Over the past several years, I have become much more aware of the influence of the food I eat on my life.  Aliene’s experience with Gluten intolerance, my experience with the positive results of restricting carbs, indicates it is important.  

I am getting several books on this recommended to me.  I am especially interested in foods that can supply “natural” energy plus are healthy.  

As I have mentioned previously, peanut butter is one of my favorite foods.  It has a lot of good qualities, but I realize everything should be in balance and avoid extremes.  I’ll keep researching it and try some different approaches.

Currently I emphasize avoiding carbs, except the carbs I get in fruits and vegetables etc. I don’t try to restrict.  I try to avoid bread and potatoes and just eat them infrequently.   

Going for my bike ride.  


That’s it for now, Tuesday, August 19, 2014.

No comments: