Saturday, July 06, 2013

Summer 2013 July 6

One of my favorite activities (next to sitting on my patio on a perfect summer morning), I am at Starbucks drinking their wonderful coffee, and enjoying the ambiance  of Starbucks.  Their coffee is excellent, the staff is always excellent, the food.....well, it could use a little work, although I notice I still eat it and enjoy it.

I recently participated in a "book club" which just started in Lakeland.  It has introduced me to some new writers and books (Edward Kilsey Moore, "The Supreme's at Earl's All-You-Can-Eat" (a WONDERFUL book!) and Kate Morton, "The Secret Keeper".

I have come to accept and even really enjoy a lot of features of the "e-reader" (I use my iPad as an e-reader), and listen to many books (as mentioned before, "Steve Jobs" is a fascinating book and it definitely keeps my attention while I am walking), but I still enjoy the newspapers in physical form.  Even though I can access my three favorite papers completely on internet (Oddly enough, the Commerical Appeal has the best format for it's "e-appeal" while the New York Times and Wall Street Journal are much more difficult to read on the internet.  I still prefer the paper Commerical Appeal, but it's electronic newspaper is a suitable substitute.  It uses the "replica" format and I can read stories as I desire.  As I mentioned before the USA Today internet edition is wonderful.

Yesterday I started posting my thoughts on "Google+".  i'm not quite sure of the impact of that, I doubt that Google + will continue to operate unless it suddenly increases in usage.

I have had a lot of fun posting photos to "Tumblr" and even on my Twitter page (probably to the annoyance to those who may read it).

I didn't used to take many pictures with my iPhone, but when I upgraded from an iPhone 3 to an iPhone 5 (I believe that is a 4 generation jump), I found I enjoy taking pictures with it.

As a person who doesn't like "take out" and "eating in my car", I am always amazed a the number of cars in the drive thru line at Starbucks and other places (especially Chick fe lee (not the correct spelling).

No comments: