Saturday, July 20, 2013

Summer 2013 July 20

I will always think of "Moon Day" on July 20, even though I slept through the Moon Walk.
I was actually in U.S. Air Force basic training in San Antonio, Texas.  We had been there since July 15 and the original culture shock was still there.  I think most of it slept through it.  A chance to sleep trumped a chance to view history in the making.
My memories of the first few days of Basic Training are blanked out.  Even after only a few days, I had no memories of the first few days of basic training, other than a few scattered memories.  
Late night storms last night, supposedly clear this morning.  I have enjoyed the visits with everyone, today more will arrive.  
I am glad Saturday is here.  When I am on vacation, I still feel the obligation to return work e-mails, check for phone messages etc.  Not a big deal, but I feel much more relaxed on weekends and Holidays than I do when I am taking a day of vacation.  
I enjoy having my granddaughters with us.  I think of the memories I have of childhood and I realize they are creating similar memories based on their relatives at the family reunion.

No comments: