Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Summer 2013: July 10

82 degrees at 3 a.m. this morning!  Great Summer!!  I am enjoying sitting on the patio again in the morning.
It looks like the battery on my second (of three) my “gumstick package” iPod Shuffles.  Not bad for 7 years of service, but I will miss the configuration.  Apple Computers has the uncanny ability to shoot themselves in the foot on design.  For example, I also have an iPod player (also around 7 years old) that has a “hold” button on it so I can’t accidentally brush against it and (for example) completely lose my place in my audiobooks.  Of course, none of the “new” ones have this feature. 
By the way, I have completely lost faith in any Google products.  (I still like the Google search and the “drive” programs etc.) The Matrix 7 tablet was ok, but now after seven months it quit working and Staples is not honoring their warranty (an extended warranty even) or even responding to my questions.  So much for Staples and Google products.  The $250 Google computer is ok for some things, but has a bad tendency to suddenly crash and also is very limited in some ways.  When I can buy a PC regular computer with full array of programs available for not much more, it is not a bargain.  Of course, i have my eyes on an Apple laptop, which is considerably more, but worth the cost for the reliability and programs.
Busy at work, interviewing for Receptionist/Administrative Assistant position.  It is tough to select someone, we had many qualified applications.  In our case, the Receptionist is the nerve center of the City, so it is a very important job.

No comments: