Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Summer 2013 July 16

Between 76 and 79 degrees this morning (depending on your location).  Excellent morning on the patio.
Sometimes I think a book comes up for a reason.  The book "Man's Search for Meaning" has some especially appropriate thoughts right at this time, especially the thought that a person "chooses your response" and doesn't let someone else decide for you what your emotional reaction will be.  That helped me change my initial reaction to anger to a more relaxed reaction.
I am always surprised (although I shoudn't be by now) when a business basically refuses to back up their work.  We had a local landscape company "English Garden" (recommended by the way) do some work, and now we are facing having to spend more money because they won't back up their work.  (Having to look at their mess every morning made me think of that.  I may try one more time to get them back to backup their work before I call someone else to clean up the mess of 3 dead bushes, a dead tree and a bungled french drain. the drain works fine, but the grass i dead on top from inadequate sod.)

No comments: