Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Summer 2013 July 17

79 degrees this morning.  Excellent weather for my walk, cycle and sitting on the patio.
Finished "Man's Search for Meaning".  A great book.  As I mentioned, I listened to it and I  need to find a printed copy to look up some of the thoughts.
Deer in the trees behind my house this morning, it  ran off as I went to the patio.  It is nice to know the deer aren't by the development.  
Really hectic at work right now, but that is good, just time is at a premium.  
The Courter/Wherry Reunion is soon here.  It is always fun and a trip down memory lane.  We gather and have time to talk and not feel rushed, which is nice.  It has been held since 1947, so this will be the 66th Reunion.  (I attended the first one with my Mother, although I wasn't born yet, or maybe my Mom didn't attend, now that I think of it.  I do have a picture of the 1948 reunion.  They were held in Salina, Kansas at a part called "Sunset Park".  I always remembered it as a large park with a railroad tracks on one side, and a myriad of ponds, bushes, trees and places to play.  Years later, I returned and realized it was a relatively small park, much smaller than I remembered!  
I always enjoy the reunion, both for visiting with all of my relatives, but also for the chance to be with Angela, Kali and Katherine in a relaxed atmosphere for several days.

No comments: