Friday, July 12, 2013

Summer 2013 July 12

"Reading" (actually listening to) "Man's Search for Meaning" and "Steve Jobs" at the same time frame is a definite contrast.  In one, a man has almost unlimited resources and can get any material items he wants (even though he remains minmal and very non-materialistic), in the other, a man is stripped of everything, his freedom, dignity, and survives on a small amount of bread and soup each day.  Contrasts to say the least.  It has presented me with some powerful food (so to speak!) for thought.
71 degrees this morning, almost too cold to sit on the patio this morning.  Around 72 degrees is where I switch to shorts and a short sleeve shirt when I exercise in the morning.
I get the "weekend" New York Times delivered to my door (a real luxury by the way).  Try as I might, I can't read it on Friday morning before I go to work (along with the Wall Street Journal, Commerical Appeal and the on-line edition of the USA Today).  I would like to subscribe every day, but simply don't have the time.  I can handle it on Saturday and Sunday ok.
Busy day ahead, interviewing four applicants for Receptionist/Admin. Assistant.  I try to be fair and really determine who is best for the position and it takes a lot of energy, especially when literally all of them are well qualified for the position.  

No comments: