Thursday, July 04, 2013

Summer 2013 July 4


For some reason, woke up early this morning.  Too early to walk (2:00 a.m.), since I don't fell comfortable walking until about 3:00 a.m., when I normally wake up.  One of the few times I had had trouble either going to sleep or waking up early.  Normally I automatically wake up 4 1/2 hours after I go to bed.  Along with several naps that is enough sleep.
Years ago (about 25 years ago, believe it or not), I started waking up early, so I would get up and walk rather than just lay there.  I started waking at 5 a.m., and then over a period of about 10 years it slowly started earlier until I was getting up at 3 a.m., which I decided was early enough!  When I started waking at 2:45 a.m. and 2:30 a.m., I just stay in bed.  Today was an exception in that I was wide awake at 2 a.m.
Early morning is almost a different world, which may be one reason I enjoy getting up that early.  
Another relative cool morning (71 degrees).  It is hard to explain how 71 degrees is cool, but it is too cool to sit on the patio. Once the sun comes up 71 degrees is good.
July 4.  Another measuring point throughout the years.  I don't really remember that many specific July 4 celebrations, although I can remember setting off fireworks when I was young (including taunting my oldest bother and having a small firecracker go off in my hand) and various celebrations.  
Alison Krauss video (Missing You) on the tv.  One of my favorite singers.  

No comments: