Thursday, July 11, 2013

Summer 2013 July 11

My "Steve Jobs" book listening on my walk had to take a break this morning.  My battery was low on the device I was listening on and I didn't want to take the time to find where I was on another device.  (Time is precious in the morning, when time seems to fly.)
"Man's Search for Meaning" is one of my "Round Tu it's", meaning I always planned on listening to it or reading it when I get a "round tu it".  It has probably been on my list since high school, or at least college.  
I started listening to it this morning, and I expect "Steve Jobs" will have to wait while I finish "Man's Search for Meaning", which thus far is a truly wonderful book.  (I am also enjoying "Steve Jobs", so it is a positive decision either way).  
While I enjoy reading, for some reason, I am not good at summarizing books.  My daughter, Angela, seems to have the magical power of "book reviews" (I think she should start writing them for a career, she is so good), but I have no talent whatsoever in writing a book review. I love to read Angela's review's of them.
It reminds me of when she as around 8 years old, we went to see "Turtle Diary".  I feel asleep but after the movie, she gave me a detailed review of the movie! I watched it again later and was amazed at how she got it so right!)
The day has been wonderful thus far.  About 80 degrees at 3 a.m., the patio is wonderful this morning. (I'll upload a picture).  
For some reason when I was walking this morning, I was thinking it was July 13, which will mark the 40th anniversary of my Air Force last day.  It bought back some real memories.

No comments: