Saturday, July 20, 2013

Summer 2013 July 19

A day of relaxation after the long drive yesterday.  The Reunion is going to be relatively small this year, for whatever reason.
 I forget about the Kansas wind and how flat it is until I return.  I think the nighttime heat is actually worse than Memphis and the morning isn't near as mild, even though the temperature is about the same.  Could be the humility also, or the type of heat. 
Good visit with everyone this morning.  Went swimming.  Went to see the "rainbow house".
Ate  "Dave's Famous".  I tried the XXX Sauce and immediately started baying at the moon!  It was HOT, but GOOD.  I liked the restaurant.
Thunderstorms after supper.  
I happened to walk to the lobby and saw Rebecca, who had just arrived.  Not more than five minutes Kim walked into the lobby, and then Eleanor.  I guess relatives do have some type of ESP link!  My Mom always seemed to me to have a very strong ESP type (for lack of a better term) link.  There are examples throughout her life of knowing someone was going to call, or knowing there was a problem.  The best example I can think of is on the day of her death, she called all of us children and many of her friends.  She didn't call to say goodby (I don't think).  I always regret I wasn't home when she called.  When I called back, she didn't answer, so I will never know what she wanted to tell me.  

No comments: