Friday, January 01, 2016

2016 Winter January 1 Friday


27 degrees this morning, no walk (coughing)

Hope everyone has a Happy New Year!  

Hopefully my coughing spells will stop and I will be able to start walking again soon.  I still can’t exert myself without coughing.  The “18 days” will be over next week and hopefully that will be it.  
I am more than ready to get back to exercising again.  

I find it rather hard to consciously believe that it is 16 years since January 1, 2000!  It really doesn’t seem that long ago, but it has included our move to Tennessee and back, which was almost like a completely different life. 

While I normally get right back into exercise, I am a little concerned this time, since it is taking me so long to get over my coughing.  Of course, that has happened before.  It is just that it is not just not exercising, my entire sleeping pattern changes etc.  Of course, with the cough and head cold, I have deliberately tried to sleep as much as possible.  

The CPAP Oxygen machine is difficult to deal with.  I fall asleep fast, but wth the machine it has been a lot more difficult to stay asleep.  The other oxygen machine was fine, but this one is a lot more difficult.  

It has a partial nasal mask that isn’t that bad, but it is the mechanism that holds it on that is difficult.  I”m sure I will get used to it but….  

As usual, while I don’t have any specific “resolutions”, I do have the goal of losing weight (or at least maintaining) and also maintaining my exercise, with emphasis on increasing the exercise machines and bicycling.  

The exercise machines have been better than I thought, although I haven’t really gotten into a regular routine yet, and getting into a regular routine has been delayed due to my head cold and cough.  I think they are definitely worth the time.  

I don’t really have a lot of professional goals this year, which is odd after years of having some strong professional goals.  

I continue to hope to learn some of the computer apps and programs better.  

Evernote is a continuous puzzle to me, although I am learning parts of it.  I find when I need to do something, I learn it .  

For some reason, it is hard for me to learn a program just to be learning a program.  However, when I need to learn to do something specific with a program, I learn it relatively fast. 

However, I have found it is good to learn a program just to know that it is there.  When it is time to learn a specific task, I have the general knowledge to help me learn it.

Of course, I continue to work on my photos, I expect I will never truly organize them, mainly because I have a hard time deciding how to organize them! 

Kind of like organizing your files, and finding out you have so many categories it is difficult to find a file since you have so many categories to look through!  

This time of year, after the holidays, is kind of a dreaded time, since it is Winter and the Spring seems to take so long to arrive.  Of course, it is encouraging to see the longer days (of light), the occasional day of Spring etc.  Usually with the arrival of late March, you can figure the really bad weather is over around here, it is just a matter of the continual coldness in the air and waiting for Summer to arrive again.  

Looking forward to 2016, I hope we look back in a year and say “What a great year 2016 was”!  


That’s it for now, Friday, January 1, 2016.

No comments: