Monday, January 04, 2016

2016 Winter January 4 Monday



26 degrees this morning (feels like 19 degrees), still no walk, but didn’t cough this morning, so soon….!

I have been waking up at my normal time to walk, and then snoozing, based on the theory that the more sleep or at least bedrest I get even if I ‘m not asleep, the better for my cold.  Probably tomorrow, or more likely Wednesday, I’ll start getting up and trying to walk, depending on how I feel.

I have learned the perils of trying to do “too much too soon” and how it can cause a delay in recovery, so I intend to be careful.

Planning a “Field Day” today, so that will be a good start, since it is relatively cool today and my main problem has been cold air setting off the cough.  

Starting off the first week of the year today!  We’ll see how many “after the first of the year” or “after the holidays” projects or items suddenly pop up.  Not just at work, but otherwise also!

On the other hand, people I contact no longer have the excuse of “I”ll do it after the holidays” etc., so that is good also!

Being ill for a while always makes me a lot more aware of other health issues, as I wonder how the “final transition” will come and how I will feel/approach it when it does.  Hopefully it will be some time yet, but it is not something I can really prepare for, although I do attempt to live so it is delayed as long as possible!  When it comes, I just don’t want to have many regrets.  Thinking about it makes me value the routine as well as the events of daily life even more! 

In any event, I will be glad to get back to my daily routine of walking etc.  I have missed it a lot, not just for the exercise itself, but the way it makes me feel better for the entire day.  

Had a small Christmas event yesterday with Angela, Kali and Katherine.  It was nice, even if a little delayed!  It is just amazing to realize how grown up all three of them are at their various stages of life.  

Our Christmas/Holiday events are getting longer and longer, starting at Christmas Eve morning and now extending past New Years.  Of course, we have always practiced the “twelve days of Christmas” celebration!   It also makes it so much easier to get together eventually with everyone.  

The oxygen machine actually didn’t bother me much last night, as I get more used to it.  It also seems to be improving each night also.  I can go on the internet and get a “score”, which has been improving each night.  I don’t know that it makes me necessarily “feel” any better, but the machine reports that my sleep is a lot less active than it had been (from mild sleep apnea).  I’ll see.

I don’t seem to be dreaming, but I expect if my sleep is a lot better and I have having fewer “events”, I just don’t remember my dreams as well.  (I so take my regular short nap without the oxygen machine.)  

I was surprised to learn from my “sleep test” that I have over 40 “events” (stopping breathing, light breathing etc) per hour.   I was never quite sure of what exactly that meant), although  5 or under is “normal” . 

 Under the machine, I am measuring less less than one per hour, so I guess there is an effect.

With no exercise, and more “holiday” food, I have been reluctant to get on a scale and learn what has happened!  However, I figure I’d rather know so I can start doing something about it!

It will be interesting to see how many times I write “2015” instead of “2016” today and this week!


That’s it for now, Monday, January 4, 2016.

No comments: