Friday, January 08, 2016

2016 Winter January 8 Friday


40 degrees this morning, no walk (still have cough)

Almost started walking again this morning, but decided to wait one more day.  Coughing has almost stopped, but still some and I don’t want to get it started again like it was!  

The big news is we have a contract to sell our house and have a contract to buy a house, assuming all of the details work out.

If everything works out, we will be moving in about a month, although of course we have already started the process and I already have a backache to prove it! Actually, Aliene has done most of the packing and I have just moved some boxes around.

While we don’t have “sellers” or “buyers” remorse as such, obviously we do have afterthoughts and concerns on whether we are making the right decision or not.  I think so far we both are happy with our decision, and will be disappointed if it falls through as it obviously could.  

It has been a busy week, both job related and personal, and of course, moving etc. will keep it busy for awhile.  

We are definitely not looking forward to moving and hope this is the last time for awhile! 

The last time we had the luxury of gradually moving into the house.  This time it will be a “move out/move in” all in one day (actually probably move out one day and move in the next day) process, which is disruptive for awhile while we find everything again!

Actually, Aliene is an excellent packer, which helps a lot.

I will miss our backyard with the trees, but we are gaining in other areas, so it probably will all offset.  

I am reading an detailed Newsletter I receive occasionally.  It reviews some very detailed thoughts concerning the economic situation of the work, the effects of terrorism, the election etc.  

I am reading it and planning on discussing it with the person who sent it to me.  There is a lot too discuss in it!  

When I know I will be discussing something I  read, I read it with a different purpose in mind and I spend more time thinking of the impact and different interpretations of what I am reading, which makes it interesting.  

I think the importance of Newsletters like this from someone who obviously has access to better information than I do, is that it makes you think about what he says and in the process it helps you understand what is going on, or at least points out possible consequences that we will need to deal with in the future.

What i really like about the Newsletter is there isn’t a single story about sports, “celebrities”, social media etc!  Such a relief, especially sports and “celebrities”.  The only thing is I am so used to skipping over  the sports and celebrity news, I need to remind myself to read it in detail.  

Strange that the New York Times is so often cited for bias, but it is probably one of the least biased papers I read. At least their stories are bylined so you know who is writing it and have some idea of their beliefs.

Of course, this is more of a news analyst and thoughts about the impact of trends rather than a news report, but I am really tired of what the news media now considers “news”.   I don’t mind stories about sports or celebrities, just keep them in the proper place and don’t call it “news”!   

Hopefully, I will be able to walk and start exercising tomorrow.  It has been three weeks today.  I know I am getting better, but it has been a very slow process!


That’s it for now, Friday, January 8, 2016.

No comments: