Monday, January 18, 2016

2016 Winter January 18 Monday



20 degrees this morning (feels like 8 degrees), walk 25:23 minutes

I walked rather fast this morning on a shortened “starting back” walk.  I will probably walk a reduced walk for about a week or so, depending on how I feel.

Didn’t cough.  I started to and then I reminded myself to “breathe through my nose” which I did relatively well. That is something I need to keep working on.

As you may guess, I debated about walking this morning due to the cold, but the cold has never bothered me before, so I went ahead.  

20 degrees is cold for this area, but it wasn’t too bad.  Obviously the activity kept me warm, maybe not toasty, but warm.  I was glad to finish!

Listening to more about Wilson.  I didn’t realize his 1916 re-election was so close, it came down to one state, California.  

Even there, the votes were so close, the election couldn’t be called until votes from a mountain county had been bought in by horse and wagon to be counted! 

For several days, Wilson thought he had been defeated and slept much better!  I know the feeling.  

Anyway, an analyst afterwards indicated that (maybe right or wrong) that of the twelve states where woman could vote (I can’t believe this is only 100 years ago!), Wilson won in eleven of them, so he was probably elected for that reason.

He ran on the campaign of “he kept us out of of war”, which of course also didn’t last long, but not due to his not trying, unless he was much more devious than thought.

Holiday today, Martin Luther King Day.  

It feels so good to feel relatively well again.  I am going to try to spend some time each day just feeling good about feeling well, so to speak!  

We checked yesterday and were pleased to find our potential “new” home (new to us)  is only 1.5 miles from my favorite YMCA, and the area has a multitude of walking trails and ways for me to walk or bicycle to the YMCA.  

Of course, the big problem is the YMCA doesn’t open early enough for me, so I’ll need to find a way to adjust to that.  I was spoiled by the 24 hour fitness center in Lakeland.  

I was pleased to find all of my “Apple” devices batteries were still holding out after the long period of not being used.  I am just amazed that the batteries are still good after 9 years or so!  

It feels so good to get back into the routine of exercising again!  

I also weighed myself for the first time in a month and find my weight was not that bad, in fact I’ve lost a few pounds.  Nothing significant, my weight can easily vary by 5 pounds or so, but at least it isn’t the disaster I thought it may have been .  Probably the stomach virus helped a little on that one, although it has been a week since I had it.  

I was pleased to note the Sonic had shut off their large video sign (that reflects light on a number of residents, fortunately not ours) and their 24 hour loud music had been shut off.  

However, after noticing it during my walk yesterday morning, it wasn’t turned on at all during the day so there must be something wrong with it or (hopefully) they are removing it.  More likely, they are installing a bigger sign and louder speakers so they can be more obnoxious than before on the mistaken theory that the bigger and more disruptive the better.  

Went to a new breakfast restaurant yesterday (Eggington’s) and were very pleased by it.  I didn’t realize it was a chain, we thought it was a local restaurant.   It may not be good for me since they have a “tamale breakfast”!


That’s it for now, Monday, January 18, 2016. 

No comments: