Sunday, January 10, 2016

2016 Winter January 10 Sunday



18 degrees this morning (feels like 4 degrees), no walk (still coughing, stomach virus)

Winter is definitely here for this area!  It is supposed to be below freezing all day.  

Still recovering from stomach virus, yesterday was a lot better than Friday, although I still felt weak etc.  The cough didn’t help.

When I went to the minor emergency room, I was advised the cough could will likely last 4 weeks, which is next Friday!  A lot longer than the 7 days I originally expected or the 18 days forecast I heard another patient say it would last.

Apparently the stomach virus is something that was “going around” as they say.  The next time I start to feel that way, I am going home sick!  I am lucky things worked out as well as they did.  (I won’t go into the gory details.)

This kind of reminds me of the time years ago when I ran a 5K in the rain.  I developed a huge cold (no cough fortunately) and probably a slight case of the flu.  I remember it just seemed to last forever.  

The “new” NFL pro football season, the playoffs, are starting.  I actually haven’t watched a game this season, but plan on watching some of the playoffs. 

Somehow, I just lost interest in pro football when the tie-breaking “first score wins”.  started.  It just made it seem so meaningless, or maybe I was already bored by pro football. 

Nothing against it, I just lost interest, probably the big money has ruined it, for whatever reason.  

I do resent having to pay for sports that I don’t watch (pro football, pro basketball etc.) via higher tv cable bills and the higher prices resulting from high advertising costs companies spend on commercials for sports.  

Of course, the same could be said for local tv stations who try to gouge cable tv companies for “local carry” fees and run threatening ads about “not be able to see this channel” when they are available by free.

Of course, speaking of gouging, the medicine companies are becoming experts at it.  There may not be a right answer on this, but there certainly has to be something that is better than what it is now.

We are in the process of doing everything that is involved with selling and buying a new house, moving etc.  

Probably the worst part is preparing all the paperwork for the loan etc.  There always seems to be one more thing that is needed, and you get these demands that you make decisions that will affect you for years in a matter of seconds (interest rate etc.) without any real information. 

Of course, there are always the “extra fees” for every little thing, as we are fleeced by all of the businesses involved for huge fees for everything, including some fees for nothing done.  

Not looking forward to moving again at all.  Actually Aliene has completed a lot of the packing (she is really good at packing), but the entire process of moving is difficult and expensive.  

This will be a “move out one day, move in the next”.  We didn’t realize the luxury we had of moving to this house where we had time to move a lot of things over before the actual move-in.  


That’s it for now, Sunday, January 10, 2016.

No comments: