Saturday, January 16, 2016

2016 Winter January 16 Saturday



36 degrees this morning.  No walk, still prone to coughing, although it is much better.

Haven’t weighed myself for awhile, going to need to face the music and do that!  I don’t feel like I’ve gained that much, but without exercise I’m sure I have.  

Actually, one reason I haven’t weighed myself is that we set the scales in a different area while we were showing the house.  

The coughing  still pops up at odd moments, I guess just to remind me it is still there!  

Forecast was for some snow this morning.  Looks like it will miss us.  

I am never a fan of snow (unless I absolutely don’t have to drive etc.) but this morning I have a meeting that I would just as soon not go to….:)  I was thinking last night, “come on snow”!  

I think that is always the case, many of our “wants” are based on the situation at the moment.  

I kind of wondered why they scheduled a Saturday morning meeting on what is a 3-day Holiday for many of us.  Well, at least government workers, but there are a lot of us around here with the military base etc.  

Of course, it is impossible to schedule a meeting to please everyone.  

I am not used to driving long distances anymore for meetings, and this one is scheduled in a suburb about 30 miles away, so that is also one reason I would have welcomed just enough snow to stop me from driving!  

Gasoline is now down to $1.37 per gallon around here and I understand it is as low as $1.29,  although I haven’t seen that.  I absolutely thought I’d never see gas under $1.00 per gallon again, but I can see it coming.  If someone had told me gas would get to less than $2.00 per gallon, I wouldn’t have believed it could happen.

Maybe not a great time to be deriving a hybrid, but I actually like the hybrid, it has the pickup of a V8, something to do with the electric motors on the car.  They provide great torque, whatever that is.  At least I think that is what it is.  I’ll have to look it up on the internet.  Plus it is fun to drive.  

Probably the only thing I miss is the roar of the V-8, but I can do without that for the money it cost.  Wait on that until I get my Corvette!:)

There is something I really like about tis time of day (early morning).  I miss sitting outside, but that time will come again.

Unfortunately, Aliene got the same coughing problem I had.  Maybe not quite as bad, but even a touch of it is bad.  She also can’t take much medicine for it, so she suffers a lot more through it (without complaining near as much as I do, by the way, even though she can’t take much to relieve it).  It is a vicious cough, it just wears you out, plus the way it lasts on long.  One month is over 10% of the year   that I have missed exercise etc and haven’t really felt well!  

Of course, I can’t complain.  I have enjoyed relatively good heath, I’ll just need to really be careful so it can continue!  

We are still in the process of selling our house and buying another house. Any little thing could derail the  entire deal, but we are basically willing to go with the flow on this.  Obviously we have a lot of qualms about the new house, wondering if anything (or I should say when and how much) something will go wrong with it.  It isn’t old as such, but it isn’t new also.  We’ll deal with it whatever it is.  


That’s it for now, Saturday, January 16, 2016.

No comments: