Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Winter 2014 February 11 Tuesday

61 degrees this morning (Quartzsite, Arizona)
No internet all night, very limited breakfast.  This is one motel I will never stay at again (Super 8).
Back to Phoenix, surprised at the feeling I was returning to civilization  and a decent motel/hotel.
I am always surprised when I feel that "age" is a major problem for me, but that is one thing I can't change, so I can't be unduly concerned about it.  Probably better not to comment further on it or be concerned about it.  If someone feels that way, I always hope they will somehow let me know before I put a lot of time and effort into something.  Or at least give reasons other than veiled comments that are nothing but cover words for saying that they think I will retire shortly etc. .  Discouraging, but not something to worry about. I realize that isn't the only reason and people have other valid reasons for the decisions they make.
I always feel the darkest hour sometime comes right before dawn, I guess the problem is knowing when the darkest hour is!  However, i don't get discouraged to any great degree, perhaps I am being shown a new direction, perhaps the right opportunity is just around the corner.  Many times, something that I considered unfair or bad luck or whatever was a means to jump high enough to realize I was in a rut and I had to get out of the rut.  A rut can be comfortable because it is familiar but that doesn't mean it is where I should remain.

No comments: