Monday, February 17, 2014

Winter 2014 February 17 Monday

37 degrees this morning.  I will be so glad when Spring is here.  I am tried of having to "bundle up each morning before I walk and ride my bike.  If it is a typical winter, I should be seeing a Crocus (my name for any Spring flower in the next two weeks or at least the first two weeks of March.
Of course, then it is mid-May before it actually gets warm, although there are a lot of nice days.  I hope the excessive cold weather goes away.
Just thinking again about the "delusion" that I will ever "get a round-tuit" as far as reading many books I have saved for years on the premise that "sometime" I would actually get around to reading(or rereading) them.  I now realize that I probably never will so it may be better to release them to someone who will read them.  Ditto for things that I will use "sometime". (With the notable exception of my "hot wheels" collection which I intend to keep as long as I can remember what they are and then maybe  donate them so they will be used).  This  includes pens, golf clubs, cute little notebooks, conference bags, old computers, palm pilots, and whatever else I may find.  
I still enjoy the "Fitbit Force".  It is amazing.  One thing really puzzles me is that I put it on "sensitive" for monitoring my activity during sleep and my sleeping time went down about half.  I put it back on "regular" and my steady sleep returned.  
The Fitbit Force "app" is much easier to use and if you buy a Fitbit, be sure to get the app for your smart phone.   I don't pay a lot of attention to the other stuff, except for the "steps" when I am away and can't exercise on a regular basis.  
The "Sleep101" app for the iPhone is miserable compared to the Fitbit Force.  One thing I especially like about the Fitbit Force is that it is attractive enough I can wear it as a watch (at least for causal dress).  I have to punch a button to see the time, but with iPhones etc., I can see the time anyway.  
Another "tuit" I planned "when I have time" is to learn more applications for my computers, iPads etc.   However, I have learned that "when the student is ready, the master appears" applies to computer applications.  Until I want to use it for something, I probably won't learn it as effectively as if I had a use for it right now and usually it is better if I try it myself before  I go in for a class on it, because I'll remember it better. 

No comments: