Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Winter 2014 February 26 Wednesday

30 degrees this morning.  I am tired of winter and ready for Spring!
Since I hadn't received the information I was supposed to receive from Medicare by today, I had to to the local Social Security Office and see the federal government in action.  I see the results of the political fat cats who brag about "cutting the budget" while they feather their own nest (My representative loves tax cuts, except for the crop support payments he gets of around 3/4 million dollars a year).  
i got their at 8:00 a.m. since they were only open from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.  There were already 10 people in line.  We stood in 27 degree weather for an hour as the line lengthened to about 50 people .  The building refused to let people in, even though it was 27 degrees and they had chairs inside.  By definition most of the people in line were either old or extremely young or disabled.  
I can't blame the people who work there, I blame the politicians who brag about "cutting costs" and not considering the effects on the people.  I don't see how they can sleep at night.
However this was one case where the representative I talked to was a "true federal bureaucrat".  She only wanted to get rid of me.  Most of the people I have dealt with at Medicare have been very helpful (once I get through to them frequently with a 2 or 3 hour wait).  She was truly uncaring and what I would consider a true uncaring bureaucrat who was there just for her paycheck.
Anyway, I got it done and got it sent in.  I can understand why people hate the federal government, but they are looking at the wrong place when they try to blame the people working there, they need to look at the politicians.  Of course, the original person I talked to with Medicare apparently never sent out what he was supposed to.
I talked with another person looking for a job the other day and we both agreed that the employers who require "on line applications" should try it themselves sometimes and they will see why they have a hard time getting good applications.  Most on-line applications are defective and almost impossible to fill out.  I was thinking it was just me, but apparently they are uniformly disliked.
On a good note, the dental surgery Tuesday morning apparently went well as my jaw feels good.  I am glad that part is over, I only have several crowns to put on the "posts" , which I believe I have done in about three months.
Now we need to decide on a "Medicare Supplement" policy.  After looking at everything we are going to the "Medigap" policy and not the Advantage Plan.  I am glad the process is over. (Almost, as soon as we get enrolled, which we only have two days to do.)
Today is the third Anniversary of the date I suddenly thought I had a lot of time to fill.  I have been busy the entire time, and still am woefully behind in my reading etc.  

No comments: