Friday, February 14, 2014

Winter 2014 February 14 Friday

39 degrees this morning.  Good to get back to riding he bicycle again.
Newspapers were late again this morning (5:30 a.m. verses usual 3:30 a.m.).  This appears to be a regular time rather than an exception, so my lifelong attachment to printed newspapers may be ending as I will cancel all my papers if the late delivery continues.  If they don't come before I ride my bike to the gym (around 4 a.m.), they aren't a lot of good to me.  
Valentines Day.  For some reason Aliene and I have never had any luck in that the tradition of going out to eat on Valentines Day, so we simply stopped going out to eat on Valentines Day.  Our first Valentines Day dinner ended up at the Village Inn and went downhill from there in future Valentines Days.  We finally gave up and go our for lunch and don't even go out in the evening, at least for a meal.
I was sad to see the Comcast/Time Warner merger.  Comcast is already the worst at gouging "fees" (such as the fee for an item you are supposed to attach to tv's that I have never gotten to work) as well as extremely poor customer service.  They are basically unregulated and it shows.  
Back to the newspapers, at least i will eliminate one step in "recycling" if I never buy the printed newspaper in the first place!  
Heavy rain today, windy.  

No comments: