Sunday, February 23, 2014

Winter 2014 February 23 Sunday

43 degrees this morning (OKC)
it is good to be home.
My Fitbit Force is being recalled due to the band apparently creating skin rashes on a small portion of users. While I appreciate the thought, they will have to pry my Fitbit Force from my cold hard hands!  (Unless they offer me a newer model).  It is a wonderful device (I'm not sure what else to call it).  It is kind of like I perceive Apple products, somewhat minimalist in design, but powerful underneath.  I am used to wearing relatively ornate watches (not fancy, but I know it is  a watch).  The Fitbit Force is very minimalist, at least the black color one is.  You wouldn't even know it was a watch (I have to actually press a button to see the time).  However, it also tells me how many steps I walked today, how much time was "active" steps, how long I was in bed, how long I actually slept, how may upstairs steps I took etc.  It can do a lot more if I want to pay $50 per year, but I honestly don't care much how I compare to other users or having "friends" of a device.  I understand the new Apple IOS will be able to tell the difference between bicycling and walking, which would be great. 
A nice weekend, good to be home, although I have to admit Lakeland seems less and less like "home" every day as it changes into some type of megalomania type of government. One of the first times I"ve ever send grant funds that are not accepted touted as "savings" to enlarge the impression that there are all kinds of costs savings (how to turn $120,000 until $1.3 million-Amazing! I can only imagines what other illusions are being presented!)  I still enjoy our house and will miss it.
Next stage of my "teeth implant" this week.  Not looking forward to it, but on the other hand, I'm glad it is proceeding to a conclusion.  After this, I only have one more stage to complete the teeth implant.  

No comments: