Tuesday, February 09, 2016

2016 Winter February 9 Tuesday



33 degrees (feels like 25 degrees) this morning.  Walk 35:33 minutes.

Actually, the winter here is just as I remembered it-nasty and disagreeable.  Even though I know it is worse elsewhere (or better if you like really cold weather and snow), winter here is not a good experience, at least for me.  

Yesterday the wind howled all day, nearly blowing people off their feet.  Where the temperature wasn’t extremely cold, the wind made it a lot worse.  

The Presidential campaign is certainly one that I am sure will be well-examined in the future!  It is truly amazing.  

I expect this campaign will be examined both for the candidates and the voters.  While I am sure “social media” has been used a lot, the old-fashioned debates and personal contact with the voters has played a major role.

I don’t really think the primary system is fair by any means, allowing a handful of voters who hardly reflect the United States population to have an oversized impact on who will be President.  

However, it does allow the candidates to focus on a single state and makes it interesting.  

Last night at Toastmasters, one of the member’s project was a “panel discussion”.  The discussion was on technology and it’s impact on “relationships”, all types of relationships, business, social, family etc.  

I think it, at least in my mind, reinforced the theory that technology can have great value in assisting people in living a better life, but hopefully it will not become a replacement for life or life experiences.  

While i don’t play video games, I think there is a lot of positive aspects about video games, at least many of them.  Like anything, there are some that are just junk and a waste of time.

Actually, I used to play video games, now I just don’t have the time for it, I have too much else I want to do.  

Recently, we bought a GE “LED motion sector night light” that the box said would last “12 years” (or something like that).  It probably cost $12 or so.

Of course, it fails after about three months.  We hadn’t bothered to keep the receipt or box, especially with moving.  I complained to GE (or rather just pointed out their product had failed).  

For some reason I get a coupon in the mail for $5.00 for GE lightbulbs!  The response had no relationship to my original comments.  Apparently GE doesn’t really listen!

Anyway, rather than just throw it away, I decided to send it back with an observation that it has no relationship to my original comments. 
Obviously I have no desire to buy any more GE products.  I can understand the product failing, that happens, but they should have some way of simply replacing the product.

No matter what you say about Walmart, I bet that if I took it back, without the box or receipt,  they would give me a new one, no questions asked.  (I don’t remember if we bought it at Walmart or Ace Hardware, so I’ll probably just toss it and try to avoid  GE products in the future, and make sure I keep my receipt and box.)

We soon will be moving (which is one reason we didn’t keep the box etc.).  Of course now we will have fears like is there a barking dog around, is there some traffic noise we didn’t hear, is their good cell phone reception etc.  But I guess that is part of life.


That’s it of now, Tuesday, February 9, 2016.

No comments: